UNIVERSAL AUDIO APOLLO 16 MKII QUAD THUNDERBOLT RACK AUDIO INTERFACE W/ QUAD CORE UAD2 PROCESSING
Stock code: UAAPQ16E
Auckland North Island South Island Warehouse
Apply for Finance Now on $4,799.00
Quick weekly payments on $4,799.00
|Monthly Service Fee:||$1.80|
- You must be a NZ Citizen / Permanent Resident and currently living in New Zealand.
- You must be older than 18 years of age.
- You must provide proof of identity by means of a NZ drivers licence or New Zealand Passport.
- Finance Now's normal lending criteria applies to your loan application.
- Click here to view a copy of our standard terms and conditions, a complete list of Finance Now's standard fees and/or our QFE Disclosure Statement, or visit www.financenow.co.nz for more information.
- Full disclosure of all of the terms of your loan (including the total amount payable over the term of the loan) will be provided to you prior to completion of your loan.
- Delivery: The delivery address must be the residential address of the applicant. You cannot change your delivery address once your finance application has been submitted. Please ensure the delivery address entered is correct.
- Pickup: The primary applicant must provide valid Photo ID when collecting from chosen RockShop Store.
Found a Cheaper Price? Put us to the test!
Meet the New Apollos
Apollo Console 2.0 Part 1 (Getting Started)
Apollo Artist Sessions Vol. VI: Fab Dupont & Jay Stolar feat. Snarky Puppy
Check out UA’s Apollo Artist Sessions, recorded and mixed exclusively on Apollo interfaces using UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
Want to learn more abiut Unison Technology? Read our blog here http://www.rockshop.co.nz/community/blogs/recording-blogs/unison-quick-tip/
Apollo 16. Flagship Apollo Conversion – for Professional Studios.
The new Apollo 16 is an elegant update to UA’s premium audio interface — delivering enhanced sound with the tone, feel, and flow of analog recording. Perfect for professional studios, this 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 2 interface offers twice the analog connectivity of the Apollo 8/8p — making it ideal for pairing with mixing consoles and outboard processors. Built on genuine UA analog design and next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, Apollo 16 also features powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, letting you run the full library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time. With sonic performance that surpasses anything in its class, Apollo 16 rivals modular converters costing twice the price, in a sleek, powerful new package.
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
- 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors — ideal for pairing with mixing consoles, outboard preamps, etc.
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
World-Class Sound with Superior Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
The original Apollo, introduced in 2012, quickly became a gold standard among modern music producers and engineers — it now counts many of the world’s top artists as users. Apollo 16 improves upon the original Apollo’s sound quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD. Building upon a 50-year legacy of circuit design, UA engineers started with obsessive auditioning of the latest converters, pairing them with completely redesigned analog circuitry. Confirmed by extensive double-blind listening tests, the result is 2 dB better A/D and 8 dB better D/A dynamic range versus the original Apollo — making Apollo 16 the measurable class leader.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
Imagine having a classic analog studio, in single rack space. Apollo 16 lets you record through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software buffer size. With award-winning UAD plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more,* Apollo 16 serves up authentic analog tone and warmth.
The key to its analog sound is onboard UAD-2 QUAD DSP Processing, which powers the UAD plug-ins while reducing the strain on your host computer.
Apollo 16 comes bundled with “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” suite of UAD plug-ins. From there, you can choose from a vast and expanding collection of plug-ins in the UA Online Store.
“UAD plug-ins are amazing... I’ve used them on all my projects for the last few years.”
– Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Unique among 16 channel converters, Apollo 16 features a dedicated Monitor knob right on the front panel. This knob is also controllable from software, a connected Apollo Twin, or can be bypassed for connecting the Monitor outputs to an external monitor controller. Standard interface settings like Clock Source, Sample Rate, and Host connectivity are displayed at all times as well.
Expand Your System
Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo Expanded also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
A Sleek New App
With Apollo 16’s Console 2.0 application — a complete re-imagining of Apollo’s original Console software — you can take advantage of over 25 new user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
Apollo 16. Built to Record.
The Apollo 16 interface places all the most commonly used recording and monitoring features right on the front panel, for fast, direct access. Similarly, its rear panel provides all the dedicated, high-quality I/O needed for a typical production studio.
Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle
With the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, you not only get legendary compressors such as the Fairchild 670 Legacy and EQs like the Pultec EQP-1A Legacy, but also stunning guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube, as well as UA’s landmark 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in.
UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
The 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in will impart your tracks with the same legendary warmth and character of the classic hardware unit used to track everyone from Duke Ellington to Coldplay. By emulating the entire signal path, including tube amplifiers, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities, the 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ plug-in injects glowing detail and saturation to any signal — whether you’re re-amping or tracking through the 610-B via Universal Audio’s breakthrough Unison™ technology — the first and only way to truly emulate classic analog mic preamp gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level behaviours at the input stage.
Raw Distortion Plug-In
Modelled from a vintage early-’80s Pro Co Rat, the Raw Distortion plug-in delivers all the gritty dynamic raunch of the legendary stompbox. And with Unison™ technology, you can plug in to Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD and experience the same circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points for the true tone, feel, and response of the original hardware.
Softube Amp Room Essentials
Featuring two plug-ins — the Amp Room Half-Stack and the Bass Amp Room 8x10 — Amp Room Essentials gives you guitar and bass tones that can deliver the goods in any genre. Based on a vintage British half-stack, Amp Room Half-Stack yields legendary slabs of molten distortion while Bass Amp Room 8x10 offers powerful tones and features like a blend-able DI. Both plug-ins tout adjustable mic placement for fine-tuning your tones whether you’re recording in real-time or re-amping.
Fairchild 670 (Legacy)
The world’s most coveted compressor, the classic Fairchild 670 tube limiter will give your tracks and mixes unmistakable tube warmth and character. Whether you’re looking for subtle compression on a lead vocal, or grittier textures that can work on guitars, bass, or a drum bus, the Fairchild 670 plug-in will add a classic “glow” to anything you run through it.
UA Precision Enhancer Hz
Expertly dial-in your music’s low-end frequencies with the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in. Able to yield exacting results with minimal adjustment, the Precision Enhancer Hz can add weight to kick drum samples, fatten up a synth bass, or simply make the low-end of your tracks more audible on smaller speakers.
1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
Get classic, ultra-fast FET compression from the world’s most recognised compressor. The 1176 will impart punch, presence, and character as well as its signature distortion overtones on drums, vocals, guitars, and bass. The 1176LN has graced countless recordings, from Led Zeppelin, to the White Stripes, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
Universal Audio’s Pultec Pro Legacy plug-in combines the Pultec MEQ-5 Midrange Equalizer and the Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, two of the most sought-after hardware EQs, into a single plug-in. The MEQ-5 EQ section allows you to boost and cut midrange bands with the same silky smoothness and personality of the original hardware while the EQP-1A imparts warm analog character to a single track or an entire mix — even when bypassed.
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Levelling Amplifier (Legacy)
With its gentle, program dependent optical compression and meticulously designed tube amplifier, the LA-2A is the go-to compressor for professional mixers around the world — especially for vocals. Incredibly easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls gives you the ideal optical compression sound for vocals, bass, drums and more.
Precision Mix Rack Collection
Featuring the Precision Channel Strip, Precision Reflection Engine, and Precision Delay Modulation plug-ins, the Precision Mix Rack Collection offers four modern, high-fidelity plug-ins for recording and mixing. Powerful and intuitive, the Precision Mix Rack Collection offers up an impressive tool set — perfect for beginners and seasoned professionals alike.
RealVerb Pro is a flexible, natural sounding reverb that is based on our own unique set of algorithms. Allowing you to design the room just as you hear it, the RealVerb Pro goes beyond the barriers of simply big/small or dark/bright, giving you our trademark, distortion-free, smoothing diffusion control and ultra-long reverb tail.
FEATURES & SPECS.
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit word length
- 16 x 18 simultaneous input/output channels:
- 16 channels of analog-to-digital conversion via line inputs on dual DB25 connectors
- 18 channels of digital-to-analog conversion:
- 16 line outputs via dual DB25 connectors
- Stereo monitor outputs via dual XLR connectors
- Adjustable reference levels for all analog I/O (+4 dBu or -10 dBV)
- Two channels of AES/EBU digital I/O with optional sample rate conversion on input
- Front panel pre-fader metering of analog signal input or output levels
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chaining other Thunderbolt devices
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Independently-addressable stereo monitor outputs (in addition to 16 line outputs)
- Digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs maintains highest fidelity
- Front panel control of monitor levels and muting
- Front panel pre-fader metering of monitor bus levels
- Digital AES/EBU outputs can mirror the analog monitor outputs
UAD-2 QUAD Inside
- Four SHARC® DSP processors
- Realtime UAD Processing on all of Apollo 16’s analog and AES/EBU inputs
- Same features and functionality as other UAD-2 products when used with DAW
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices for increased mixing DSP
- Complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library is available online
- Console application:
- Analog-style control interface for realtime monitoring and tracking
- Enables Realtime UAD Powered Plug-Ins processing
- Remote control of Apollo 16 mkII features and functionality
- Virtual I/O for routing DAW tracks through Console
- Console Recall plug-in:
- Saves Apollo configurations inside DAW sessions for easy recal
- Convenient access to Console’s monitor controls via DAW plug-in
- VST, RTAS, AAX 64, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- UAD Meter & Control Panel application:
- Configures global UAD-2 and Powered Plug-Ins settings and monitors system usage
- Easy firmware updates
- 1U rack-mountable form factor
- One year warranty includes parts and labor
UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 8
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks, or 10.10.x Yosemite
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Internet connection to download software and authorise UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
Note: All specifications are typical performance unless otherwise noted, tested under the following conditions: 48 kHz internal sample rate, 24-bit sample depth, 20 kHz measurement bandwidth, with balanced output.
- I/O Complement
- Analog Line Inputs 16
- Analog Line Outputs 16 (not including monitor outputs)
- Analog Monitor Outputs Two (one stereo pair)
- AES/EBU Two (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Thunderbolt 2 ports Two (Thunderbolt 1 compatible)
- Word Clock One input, one output
- A/D – D/A Conversion
- Supported Sample Rates (kHz) 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Bit Depth Per Sample 24
- Simultaneous A/D conversion 16 channels
- Simultaneous D/A conversion 18 channels
- Analog Round-Trip Latency 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Analog Round-Trip Latency with four serial UAD-2 plug-ins via Console application 1.1 milliseconds @ 96 kHz sample rate
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.1 dB
- Line Inputs 1 – 16
- Connector Type Two Female DB25, Tascam wiring
- Dynamic Range 119 dB (A–weighting)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 119 dB (A–weighting)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise –112.5 dB @ -1 dBFS
- Common-Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) 75 dB (10’ cable)
- Input Impedance 10K Ohms
- Input Reference Level +4 dBu (fixed)
- Maximum Input Level (+4 dBu setting) +20.2 dBu
- Maximum Input Level (-10 dBV setting) +6.2 dBV (unbalanced)
- Line Outputs 1 – 16
- Connector TypeTwo Female DB25, Tascam wiring
- Dynamic Range 126 dB (A–weighting)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 126 dB (A–weighting)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise –118 dBFS @ -1 dBFS
- Stereo Level Balance ±0.01 dB
- Output Impedance 100 Ohms
- Maximum Output Level +20.2 dBu
- Monitor Outputs 1 – 2
- Connector Type XLR Male
- Dynamic Range 124 dB (A–weighting)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 123 dB (A–weighting)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise –117 dBFS
- Stereo Level Balance ±0.01 dB
- Output Impedance 100 Ohms
- Maximum Output Level +20.2 dBu
- Connector Type XLR
- Format IEC 60958 Type I
- MADI (Not Implemented)
- Connector Type Dual Optical SC-Plug (ISO/IEC 9314-3)
- Word Clock
- Connector Type BNC
- Lock Range ±0.5% of any supported sample rate
- Word Clock Input Termination 75 Ohms, switchable
- Synchronisation Sources
- Internal, Word Clock, AES/EBU
- Power Supplies External AC to DC Power Supply, Level V compliant
- AC Input Connector Type IEC Male
- AC Requirements 100V – 240V AC, 50 – 60 Hz
- DC Connector Type XLR 4-Pin Locking Male (Neutrik P/N NC4MDM3-H)
- DC Requirements 12 VDC, ±5%
- Maximum Power Consumption 50 Watts
- Width 19”
- Height 1.75” (1U rack space)
- Depth, Chassis Only 12.125”
- Depth, Including Knob & Jack Protrusions 13.5”
- Shipping Box (Width x Depth x Height) 24” x 17” x 8”
- Shipping Weight (with box & accessories) 18 pounds
- Weight (bare unit) 8.7 pounds
- Package Contents
- Apollo 16 mkII Audio Interface Unit
- External Power Supply
- AC Power Cable (IEC)
- Getting Started URL Card
- Set of (4) Rack-Mount Screws
Clearance Stock with/without Warranty
Terms and Conditions
We are clearing this stock at reduced prices.
-Below cost and end of line / deleted models;
-New but may have minor cosmetic damage or marking that does not affect the usability of the item;
-Second Hand or Ex-Demo product;
-Boxed or ex-Shop Floor and may be missing accessories, original packaging, manuals etc.
While we attempt to identify any issue to the purchaser, this is not always possible. If you have questions regarding the condition of an item, please contact us, prior to ordering for additional information.
Stock Availability - Because a number of clearance items are one-offs (i.e. only one left in stock), the goods may have been sold already; occasionally it may be a stock anomaly and, therefore, not available.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure descriptions and stock quantities are correct. However, mistakes do happen. If an error occurs, we will advise you as soon as practicable and discuss if there is a reasonable alternative product or solution that may be appropriate.
E & OE
Freighting - Goods can be freighted to your local store on your behalf.
Goods may incur a freight charge depending on :
-the type of goods (e.g. large or heavy)
-the time frame in which you require them
Please email us, or make a note on your order, if you have a particular request concerning freighting of your goods.
Condition -All goods will be tested and sent in working condition.
All products listed here are sold with no warranty (express or implied) unless noted. You agree to this as a condition of purchase.
The warranty status will be noted on your invoice.
No representation is made regarding the fitness of the product for your particular purpose, application or installation.
Finance is available to approved applicants, subject to our normal credit terms and conditions. Application may be made on this site (http://www.rockshop.co.nz/customer-services/apply-for-finance/).
Please note that there are no refunds or exchanges on sale items or clearance store stock.