The CALI’s distortion section is based upon the CALI/US Metal SansAmp Character Series pedals, which were inspired by amps in the mid ‘70s from the then-boutique shop over on the West Coast.
While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, the BRIT and CALI sections can painlessly transform your sound at the kick of a switch.
You can completely change the personality of a clean amp tone or use it as an instant mod with a dirty amp tone.
Engaging the Boost function is like having an extra “12AX7” pre-amp gain stage. Activated via its own footswitch, you can kick in up to 21dB of pre-amp boost.
The range allows you to go from a state of mild overdrive to insane gain. Boost also operates independently to punch up any of the other functions.
• SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level, and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
• Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal.
It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
• Boost, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain.
It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
• DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal.
It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures.
A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
• All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.
• Get 5 “must-have” gigging pedals for 1/3 the cost at 1/3 the size, without sacrificing pro quality tone.
• All metal housing in gunmetal finish.
• Metal footswitches and jacks.
• 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
• 1/4-inch low impedance output.
• Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.