AWESOME SOUND AS SOON AS YOU STEP UP TO THE MIC
MAKE YOUR MIC SOUND GREAT
Improving on its predecessor, the original Mic Mechanic, Mic Mechanic 2 is a compact vocal toolbox in a easy-to-use pedal. As your personal sound engineer, Mic Mechanic 2 provides time-tested tone and effects you can take anywhere to always sound your best.
Reverb simulates a physical space, allowing your voice to fit into the music perfectly. Whether it’s something small like a room or large like a concert hall, Mic Mechanic 2’s vocally tuned reverb compliments your voice and enhances every performance.
PUT IT ON REPEAT
Echo (the effect formally known as delay) allows you to add repeats of your vocals, timed with your music. This cool effect helps your vocals really gel with the song. Whether you choose a lot of repeats, repeats, repeats… or just a few, you’re in control. Mic Mechanic 2 also allows you to set the tempo via the footswitch, so it’s as easy as tapping your foot in time with the music.
A HELPING HAND
We’re all human and nobody hits every note perfectly.
With transparent auto-chromatic pitch correction, we nudge your pitch to the nearest semitone. It won’t turn a potato into a spaceship, but it can give you a little support when you need it most.
WHO NEEDS KNOBS?
Mucking about with mic gain can be a real hassle, especially if you’re in a hurry or at a new and unfamiliar venue. Mic Mechanic 2 automatically sets your mic gain, so you never have to worry whether things are set correctly.
YOUR PERSONAL SOUND TECH
Adaptive EQ (equalization), compression, de-ess, and gate automatically control the timbre and shape of your vocal, ensuring that every note you sing is clean and clear. Because when the crowd can hear what you’re singing, they can sing along and there is nothing is better than that!
Sometimes it’s just not feasible to find a power outlet when you’re performing. That doesn’t mean you should be without your Mic Mechanic 2! It can be powered by 4 AA batteries (not included) in addition to the optional 9V adapter.
- 8 high quality Reverb and Echo presets
- Separate Reverb (Room, Club, Hall) and Delay (Tap and Slap), with combinations of both
- Footswitch tapping can match echoes to song tempo
- Tone button for Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-essing and Gating
- Battery operation (batteries optional)
- Auto Chromatic Pitch Correction
- Easy connection between standard mic and mixer
- Phantom power always available
- Low noise microphone pre-amp
- Automatic input gain – no more setting and adjusting input gain
- Mic Control for remote on/off switching with optional TC-Helicon MP-75, MP-76 (main button only) and Sennheiser e835 FX mics
- Individual style select/mix controls for Reverb and Echo
- Rugged all-metal construction
- USB connection to VoiceSupport application offering updates, product-specific news and more
- 9V operation (vs 12V) to accommodate common pedalboard power supplies
Echo & Delay
3 Vocally Tuned Reverb Styles
3 Echo Styles
Correction Amount (0-100%)
Adaptive Tone on/off
Mic Control on/off
Height: 5.4 inches (140 mm)
Width: 3.5 inches (90 mm)
Depth: 2.3 inches (60 mm)
Weight: 0.92 lb. (0.42 kg)
Two-part die cast metal
Rubber adhesive feet
MIC IN TO OUT
Input Connector: XLR female, balanced
Input Impedance: 3k4/1k7 Ohm
Input Clip Sensitivity: -1 dBu
SNR A Weighted: >114 dB
Phantom Power: 24V (always on)
Output Connector: XLR male, impedance balanced, pin 2 hot
Output impedance: 200/100 Ohm
Output Full Scale Level: +7.5 dBu
Input to Output Frequency Response: +0/-0.3 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
SAFETY AND REGULATIONS
Power Supply (Not Included): 9V 670mA
Power Consumption: 6W
EMC – Complies with EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2 FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
Safety – certified to IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
Storage Temperature: -22°F to 167°F (-30°C to 70°C)
Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing