Steve Smith 40th Anniversary Snare Drum
- Shell size: 14" x 5.75"
- Shell construction: 9-ply 6 mm
- Bearing edge: Round (Vintage Style)
- Shell material: Beech
- Hardware: Phonic Style lugs (8) Dual Glide Snare Strainer Superprofil Hoops - Sound Wires Steel (24 strands)
- item no.: 11177701
- Shell finish outside: Mountain Burl Veneer, semi gloss
- Shell finish inside: Mountain Burl Veneer
- Includes Hardcase Case, Vic Firth Anniversary Drumsticks and Certificate Box
LIMITED TO ONLY 77 PCS WORLDWIDE!!
It's time to celebrate a very special "lifetime" relationship: in 1977, a young Steve Smith - by that time touring with Jean-Luc Ponty - was on the search for his first high quality drumset. He happened to fall in love with a Sonor kit on display at a local shop in Boston, MA, USA.
Since then, Sonor has remained Steve's one and only choice for professional drums - be it with Journey, Vital Information, and many other milestones in his musical career. A career that made him a true "Drumming Great", one of the most renowned Drummers of all times.
"My Sonor 40th Anniversary snare drum is a Dream Drum! The sound is warm and rich with a beefy low-end plus pin-point precision in the high-end. The magical combination of the vintage beech shell, mountain burl veneer inside and out, 8 "bowtie" lugs and vintage hoops come together to create the perfect wood snare drum!"