SM7B Studio Microphone
The SM7B is a selectable frequency response cardioid microphone that delivers warm and smooth audio reproduction in close-proximity studio and vocal applications, while shielding from electromagnetic hum.
Best suited to: Speech, Vocals
What is the SM7B best suited to?
The SM7B is a smooth and warm sounding microphone that is ideal for close-talk applications such as radio presenting and voiceovers for TV. It has also been widely used for vocals on numerous albums.
Why would I want a mic that shields against electromagnetic hum?
Electromagnetic hum is emitted by computer monitors which can cause interference to your sound if the mic is in close proximity to a TV screen or computer monitor and is not shielded.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
Transducer Type: Dynamic
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response from: 50 Hz
Frequency Response to: 20 KHz
Sensitivity (dBV/Pa): -59,0 dBV/Pa
Sensitivity (mV/Pa): 1,12 mV/Pa
Weight: 765 g