SHURE BETA181C SIDE ADDRESS INSTRUMENT CONDENSER MICROPHONE
Stock code: SHUBETA181C
Auckland North Island South Island Warehouse
Beta 181 Side-Address Condenser Microphone with interchangeable capsules
The Beta 181 is an ultra compact, small diaphragm side-address condenser microphone with interchangeable capsules for different polar patterns. This enables discreet placement and versatility in tight conditions for various applications.
Best suited to: Hihat, Overhead, Acoustic Guitar, Choir
What is the Beta 181 best suited to?
This Beta 181 is a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). A total of four different capsules (Cardioid, Super Cardioid, Bi-directional, Omni-directional) are available meaning that they can be interchanged according to application.
What are the product codes for the additional capsules? (sold separately)
The RPM181/C is a cardioid condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/S is a super cardioid condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/BI is a bi-directional condenser capsule for the Beta 181. The RPM181/O is a omni directional condenser capsule for the Beta 181.
What might I use the interchangable capsules for?
The cardioid capsule is best suited to overheads, piano and acoustic instruments. You can also use the cardioid capsule for M/S stereo micing (in conjunction with another microphone with a bi-directional capsule). The supercardioid capsule is best suited to snare, toms, acoustic instruments and other forms of close distance micing. The omni-directional capsule could be used for choirs, orchestras and ambient recording applications. Lastly, the Bi-directional capsule can be used for mono overheads, or for the recording of two instruments simultaneously on one channel.
- Interchangeable polar pattern capsules for the ultimate in low-profile application flexibility (each Beta 181 ships with one polar pattern capsule and one XLR preamplifier)
- Precision-engineered, compact side-address design features innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier
- Capsules available separately for custom flexibility
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range applications for use in high SPL environments
- Available in the following polar pattern options:
- Beta 181/C (cardioid) for drum overhead, piano, acoustic instrument applications, M/S stereo technique (paired with Beta 181/BI)
- Beta 181/S (supercardioid) for snare drum, acoustic instrument, close-miking applications
- Beta 181/O (omnidirectional) for ambient/room, instrument ensemble applications
- Beta 181/BI (bidirectional) for mono drum overhead, dual instrument sound source applications, Blumlein stereo technique (pair of Beta 181/BI)
Transducer Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Bidirectional
Sensitivity (dBV/Pa): Cardioid -48,5 dBV/Pa; Supercardioid -49,5 dBV/Pa; Omnidirectional: -52,0 dBV/Pa; Bidirectional: -51,0 dBV/Pa
Equivalent Selfnoise: Cardioid: 20 dB(A); Supercardioid: 22 dB(A); Omnidirectional: 23 dB(A); Bidirectional: 23 dB(A)
Sound Pressure: Cardioid: 151 dB; Supercardioid: 154 dB; Omnidirectional: 157 dB; Bidirectional: 156 dB