The JD-XA is a unique crossover synth that brings together analog warmth and digital versatility in one super-creative, no- compromise instrument. First, there’s a four-part, all-analog monster with true analog filters and a direct dry output. Next up is a four-part digital engine powered by Roland’s SuperNATURAL synth technology, plus an impressive selection of potent effects. The JD-XA’s engines can be used independently or interactively, providing an incredibly flexible platform for sound design, studio work, and live performance. Use the analog and digital parts side by side, stack them up for total sonic devastation, or shape digital waveforms via the analog filters to create sounds never heard before. With the JD-XA, you can forget about analog or digital—just close your eyes, imagine how the future sounds, and start creating music.
-Advanced synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
-Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
-Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
-OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
-LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
-Incredibly fast attack envelope time
-Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that’s compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries from Roland’s online Axial sound portal
-Digital parts can be routed through the analog filter section for warm, organic results
-Comprehensive effects with MFX for all parts plus five system effects (Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, and Master EQ)
-Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
-Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) for fast creation of songs and loops
-Onboard USB, MIDI, and CV/GATE interfaces plus flexible MIDI control functionality make the JD-XA the ideal centerpiece for live performance and music production
-Mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice and explore classic Vocoder functionality
-Plenty of backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping
-49 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)SOUND GENERATOR SECTION
- Analog Part: 4 voices
- Digital Part: 64 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
Analog/Digital Crossover Synthesizer
- Analog Part: 4 parts (2 OSCs + AUX, 1 Filter, 1 AMP, 2 Pitch ENV, 1 Filter ENV, 1 AMP ENV, 2 LFOs and 1 MOD LFO)
- Digital Part: 4 parts (3 Partial (3 OSCs, 3 Filters, 3 AMPs, Envelops for each section and LFOs)) (Digital Part uses SuperNATURAL Synth tones that is compatible with the Integra-7.)-User Program Memory
- Internal: 256
- USB Flash memory: 256
-The patterns of Arpeggio and Sequence are saved as programs.-Analog-OSC Section
- Oscillator waveforms: Saw, Square, Pulse/PWM, Triangle, Sine
- Knobs/Sliders: Pitch, Fine, Cross Mod, Pulse Width, Pulse Width Modulation
- Pitch Envelopes: Attack, Decay, Envelope Depth
- Modulation: Cross Modulation, Ring Modulation, Oscillator Sync
(A-OSC2 is applied as modulation to A-OSC1.)-Analog-FILTER Section
- Filter Type: LPF1, LPF2, LPF3, HPF, BPF, Bypass
- Knobs: Cutoff, Resonance, Key Follow, Envelope Depth, HPF, Drive
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release-Analog-AMP Section
- Knobs: Level
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release-Digital-OSC Section
- Oscillator waveforms: Saw, Square, Pulse/PWM, Triangle, Sine, Variation
- Knobs/Sliders: Pitch, Fine, Pulse Width, Pulse Width Modulation
- Pitch Envelopes: Attack, Decay, Envelope Depth
- Modulation: Ring Modulation
(Partial2-OSC is applied as modulation to Partial1-OSC.)-Digital-FILTER Section
- Filter Type: LPF1, LPF2, LPF3, HPF, BPF, Variation, Bypass
- Knobs: Cutoff, Resonance, Key Follow, Envelope Depth, HPF
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release-Digital-AMP Section
- Knobs: Level
- Envelope: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release-LFO Section
- LFO Waveform: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Sample&Hold, Random
- Knobs/Sliders: Rate, Fade Time, Pitch Depth, Filter Depth, Amp Depth
- Tempo Sync-Mixer Section (For Analog Part)
- Level: A-OSC 1, A-OSC 2, AUX-Mic
- MIC Modulation-Effects
- MFX: 8 systems, 67 types (each part has a MFX)
- Part EQ: 8 systems (each part has a Part EQ)
- TFX: 2 systems, 29 types
- REVERB: 6 types
- Master EQ
- Mic Input Reverb: 8 types-Pattern Sequencer
-Patterns are saved as a program.
-SMF import supported.
-Preset pattern: 64
-Patterns are saved as a program.-Controllers
-Pitch bend and modulation lever, Pitch and modulation wheels
-16 characters 2 line LCD
-USB Flash memory-Connectors
-PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
-MAIN OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch TRS phone type
-ANALOG DRY OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
-CLICK OUTPUT jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
-MIC jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4-inch TRS phone), balanced
-FOOT PEDAL jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD)
-CV/GATE OUTPUT jacks (2 systems): Miniature phone type
-(CV: These jacks support OCT/V (Hz/V is not supported). GATE: They output +5 V.)
-MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
-USB COMPUTER port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO/MIDI): USB B type
-(Use a USB cable and a computer with a USB port that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.)
-USB MEMORY port: USB A type
-DC IN jack-Power Supply
-Power Cord-SIZE AND WEIGHT
-Width:899 mm,35-7/16 inches
-Depth:388 mm,15-5/16 inches
-Height:111 mm,4-3/8 inches
-Weight:6.5 kg,14 lbs. 6 oz.
Clearance Stock with/without Warranty
Terms and Conditions
We are clearing this stock at reduced prices.
-Below cost and end of line / deleted models;
-New but may have minor cosmetic damage or marking that does not affect the usability of the item;
-Second Hand or Ex-Demo product;
-Boxed or ex-Shop Floor and may be missing accessories, original packaging, manuals etc.
While we attempt to identify any issue to the purchaser, this is not always possible. If you have questions regarding the condition of an item, please contact us, prior to ordering for additional information.
Stock Availability - Because a number of clearance items are one-offs (i.e. only one left in stock), the goods may have been sold already; occasionally it may be a stock anomaly and, therefore, not available.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure descriptions and stock quantities are correct. However, mistakes do happen. If an error occurs, we will advise you as soon as practicable and discuss if there is a reasonable alternative product or solution that may be appropriate.
E & OE
Freighting - Goods can be freighted to your local store on your behalf.
Goods may incur a freight charge depending on :
-the type of goods (e.g. large or heavy)
-the time frame in which you require them
Please email us, or make a note on your order, if you have a particular request concerning freighting of your goods.
Condition -All goods will be tested and sent in working condition.
All products listed here are sold with no warranty (express or implied) unless noted. You agree to this as a condition of purchase.
The warranty status will be noted on your invoice.
No representation is made regarding the fitness of the product for your particular purpose, application or installation.
Finance is available to approved applicants, subject to our normal credit terms and conditions. Application may be made on this site (http://www.rockshop.co.nz/customer-services/apply-for-finance/).
Please note that there are no refunds or exchanges on sale items or clearance store stock.