EL Cajon EC-10
Electronic Layered Cajon
INNOVATIVE HYBRID CAJON WITH BUILT-IN ELECTRONIC SOUNDS
Unique and versatile, the EL Cajon EC-10 allows cajon players to easily enhance their music with layered electronic sounds. To start, the EC-10 is an authentic acoustic cajon that sounds great on its own. What’s more, it has Roland’s renowned electronic percussion technology built in, letting you blend a range of complementary sounds with the cajon voice, from traditional percussion like tambourine and shaker to acoustic snare, electronic drums, sound effects, and more. Completely self-contained with battery power and onboard amplification, the EL Cajon EC-10 puts the dynamic world of hybrid percussion in the hands of every cajon enthusiast.
- Unique hybrid instrument combining an authentic acoustic cajon with Roland’s electronic percussion technology
- Standard cajon size (50 x 30 x 30 cm), with quality playing surface made of sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Each kit includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimized cajon sounds to enhance the instrument’s acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance, and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with six AA-size batteries
A Real Acoustic Cajon and Roland Sound Module in One
Thanks to its compact size and versatility, the cajon has become the most popular instrument for on-the-go percussion, from local jams and street busking to nightclub performances and beyond. With its built-in Roland sound module and independent head and edge sensors, the EC-10 extends the cajon’s organic simplicity to open new dimensions of expression for any musical style. Spice up singer/songwriter and combo gigs with layered tambourine or djembe, add backbeats with an acoustic or TR-808 snare, or bring in some low-end thump with an electronic kick. Studio-optimized cajon sounds are also on hand to enhance the acoustic cajon voice for more depth, dimension, and punch.
Easy to Operate While Performing
The top-mounted sound controls on the EC-10 are designed for quick access and easy operation while playing. Dedicated buttons are used to scroll through sound categories, while neighboring buttons allow you to select a number of variations within a category. After that, just twist the rear-panel Volume knob to control the level of the layered sound, and use the Trigger Balance knob to adjust the balance between the head and edge sounds. You can also tweak the trigger sensitivity for your personal style and touch.
Self-Contained and Battery-Powered
Part of the cajon’s enormous appeal is that it’s self-contained and uncomplicated. While the EC-10 contains high-tech electronics, it fully maintains the organic, go-anywhere vibe that cajon players love. The integrated amp and coaxial speaker provide high-quality sound for keeping up with acoustic guitar amps and other instruments, and six AA batteries deliver up to 12 hours of power for long jams anywhere. There’s also a handy input for playing music from a smartphone or song player at home or on the gig. And because the EC-10 is a true acoustic instrument, you can always turn off the electronics and play it like any regular cajon. On top of that, it even functions as an extra seat in a music room or family space when you’re not playing!
Playing Plate: Sapele Plywood
Resonance Box: MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)
Speaker: Coaxial 16 cm (6.5 inches)
Rated Power Output: 3 W
Nominal Input Level: MIX IN: -10 dBu
Layered Sound Kit Variation: 30 (Cajon: 10, Percussion: 10, SFX: 10)
Layered Sound Contents: 2 (Head, Edge)
Rear Panel: POWER switch, VOLUME knob, TRIGGER BALANCE knob
Top Panel: Sound Group Select button x2, Kit Number Select button x2
Indicators: Sound Group, Kit Number
Connectors: ELECTRONIC SOUND OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, AC ADAPTOR jack
Power Supply: AC adaptor (DC 5.7 V), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
Current Draw: 250 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use
Normal use: Approx. 12 hours
Maximum load use: Approx. 6 hours
* These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Width 295 mm
Depth 298 mm
Height 495 mm
Weight 6.0 kg