With roots in the very origins of electronic music, AIRA is a new series of products designed to meet the evolving needs of today's electronic musicians. In the studio or on the stage, AIRA brings genre-defining sounds and modern performance features to a new generation.
While computers dominate so many music production activities today, artists still seek inspiration through the sonic character and responsive feel of traditional analog hardware. AIRA products emphasize the spontaneous creativity and hands-on performance inspired by these vintage electronic instruments, while integrating neatly into today’s computer-based production environments.
Behind the authentic sound and responsive behavior of the AIRA products is the newly developed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology. ACB faithfully captures the sound and feel of living, breathing instruments, including some of Roland’s most revered classics.
Beyond their impressive sound and modern versatility, AIRA products feature essential elements for active stage performers and avid tweakers. This means solid build-quality, straight-forward operation and striking good looks.
AIRA combines the organic sound and behavior of ACB with modern effects like Scatter and thoughtful USB integration with computers and DAWs. Through inspiring, highly playable designs, AIRA products deliver a seamless creative experience that shatters the boundaries between production and performance.
Aggressively processed vocals are common in electronic music today, but producing these effects easily and reproducing them live has been a challenge—until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, you can smoothly alter pitch and formant in real time to introduce heavily processed vocal sounds into your studio tracks and stage performances with zero hassle.
Easy Voice Transformation with Vocoder, Lo-Fi Effects, and Synths You Can Sing
Aggressively processed vocals are common in electronic music today, but producing these effects easily and reproducing them live has been a challenge—until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, you can smoothly alter pitch and formant in real time to introduce heavily processed vocal sounds into your studio tracks and stage performances with zero hassle. On top of that, the VT-3 looks great and works seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series.
- Create heavily processed vocal sounds in real time
- Smooth control with dedicated Pitch and Formant sliders
- Large dedicated Reverb and Mix Balance sliders
- Save three favorite settings for instant recall
- Connect an optional footswitch for additional control in live performances
- Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls for great visibility
- Lightweight and durable construction for easy portability
- Standard XLR/TRS combo jack (with phantom power) and 1/8-inch mic jack (with plug-in power)
- Stereo outputs can be configured as separate mono wet/dry channels
- Built-in USB audio interface with loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks
- Great for podcasts and live web streaming
- Powered by USB bus or included AC adapter
The VT-3 is not just for robot voices (although we totally approve of robot voices). It also has the power to transform your voice into synthesizers, synth basses, hard-tuned and lo-fi sounds, and more. The VT-3 can also be subtle and musical, with built-in reverb, smooth wet/dry fader control, and instant bypass.
Transform your voice with different character types:
- Pop and electro sounds with two distinctive Auto-Pitch effects
- Create VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without the need for a keyboard
- Scatter function for glitchy effects that sound like something’s broken (in a good way)
- Loads of lo-fi character with Megaphone and Radio settings
- Synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button
- Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths you can sing
Built for creative speed and live performance, the VT-3 is meant to be played. It features high-quality specs and sturdy, brightly lit controls that are dead simple to use. The controls and functions are smooth and immediate, with no popping, clicking, or latency issues to worry about, even when switching presets or changing voice characters. Weighing less than two pounds and small enough to slip into a bag, you can take the VT-3 anywhere.
Nominal Input Level
MIC IN: -40 to -12 dBu (variable)Input Impedance
MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms
MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohmsNominal Output Level
OUT: -10 dBuOutput Impedance
OUT: 1 k ohms
PHONES: 24 ohmsMemory
Scene Memory: 3Voice Changer
Mix Balance slider
MIC IN jack (Rear): XLR type (balanced, phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max)
MIC IN jack (Rear): 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)
MIC IN jack (Front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power)
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUT jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
USB port: USB type B (Audio)
PEDAL jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jackUSB
AC adaptor or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)Current Draw
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
AC adaptorOptions (sold separately)
Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, FS-5U
Pedal switch: DP-2Size and WeightWidth
1 lbs. 9 oz.
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms