The Bass flute is designed to have an astonishing range of tone colour and dynamic capabilities, on top of that it is responsive in all three octaves. Bass flutes are tuned a whole octave lower than C-flutes. They are mainly used in ensembles and orchestras as an addition to the lower registers, but it is gaining in popularity as a solo instrument as well.
The Bass flute is made of nickel silver and then silver plated, giving the flute its shine and at the same time protecting the material from corrosion. The headjoint is always curved because of practical reasons. It has a full, rich tone across all three octaves.
The crutch provides more comfort holding the instrument. It is positioned in the left hand and is adjustable for every individual player.
Our world renowned patented Pinless Mechanism and One-Piece Core-Bar construction ensure reliability and stability. All Bass flutes are provided with French pointed arms as well, both increasing the stability and enhancing the quality of the mechanism.
- The Pinless Mechanism ensures the stable connection of the mechanism and prevents it from corrosion.
- The One-Piece Core-Bar construction results in more playing comfort and less wear of the mechanism.
- The Bass flute has an optional split E-mechanism that allows for secure attacks and smooth slurs to the third octave E.
- The ergonomic key design allows easy movement and comfortable playing.
- Pointed arms both increase the stability and enhance the quality of the mechanism.
- The crutch provides more comfort holding the instrument. It is positioned in the left hand and is adjustable for every individual player.
- The headjoint is always curved for practical reasons. It has a full, rich tone and light response across all three octaves.