NOVATION BASS STATION II 25-KEY ANALOGUE MONO-SYNTH SYNTHESIZER
Stock code: NOVBASSSTATION2
Auckland North Island South Island Warehouse
Novation Bass Station II
Powerful two-oscillator analogue monosynth with dual-mode filters, modulation, effects, step sequencing and more.
Reimagining Novation's classic analogue monosynth for the new generation of electronic musicians, Bass Station II enhances and improves on the original in every area, making it even bigger, badder and more versatile.
Packing two oscillators, 64 editable presets, a multimode filter, amp and filter modulation, step sequencing and an arpeggiator, Bass Station II gives you everything you need to make bleeding-edge basses, leads, pads and FX. Yet despite all that power and adaptability, it couldn't be easier to program and play, thanks to its intuitively arranged controls and full sized 25-note keyboard.
Much More Than Bass
Equally at home on stage and in the studio, Bass Station II can sound as warm and mellow or aggressive and hard as you want it to. Modulate the filer to make it sing, crank the distortion to toughen up that bass, and push the resonance to self-oscillation to get those lead lines screaming.
Featuring two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enhancing the all-important low end, plus noise and ring modulation, Bass Station II more than delivers when it comes to generating raw tones. It's also got two distinct analogue filter types – the Classic multi-mode filter of the original Bass Station and the all-new 24dB/octave Acid filter, with its darker, smoother sound – and plenty of modulation in the shape of two LFOs and a pair of ADSR envelopes.
Easy Controls for Complex Design
Bass Station II puts a powerful collection of controls at your fingertips, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, Novation have laid those controls out in the clearest and most useful way possible, to keep your sound design workflow fluid and fun.
Save and Load Patches
Bass Station II comes loaded with 64 diverse presets designed to showcase its incredible sonic flexibility. You also get 64 empty slots, into which your own patches can be saved directly from the synth itself, or using the free librarian software.
When you need instant melodic inspiration, Bass Station II's pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are ready to roll. Record your own patterns into the sequencer in real time, then store them for use with any patch. Sequences and arpeggios automatically sync to your connected music software or MIDI hardware, and swing can be dialled in when you really want to get your groove on.
Connect to Just About Anything
Being a class compliant USB device, you can plug Bass Station II into any Mac, PC or USB power supply and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN ports, for hook-up to other MIDI gear, and you can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II's analogue filter and effects.
- Create a huge variety of sounds: two tuneable, syncable analogue oscillators with a selection of four waveforms, plus sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.
- Enormous bass and shrieking leads: switch the Classic Filter between low-, high- and band-pass modes with 12 and 24dB/octave slopes.
- Improved analogue filter stage: the 24dB Acid Filter is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.
- Turn Jekyll to Hyde: create crunchy, aggressive sounds with true analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and filter overdrive.
- Easily load and save patches: 64 patches are included, covering a huge range of styles, but you can create, save and archive 64 of your own, too.
- Get instant inspiration: record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then store them for use with any patch.
- Experiment easily: get hands-on with the comprehensive array of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing.
- Flexible modulation: triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- Connect to hardware and software: connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Player's keyboard: full sized 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with fast synth-action action and aftertouch.
- Store unlimited sounds: archive as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Librarian Software.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- Novation Bass Station II synthesiser
- DC power supply unit (PSU)
- USB cable
- Ableton Live Lite
- Getting Started Guide
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Windows 7 (all versions) or Windows Vista (all versions) or Windows XP SP2 or higher (all versions)
- Ableton Live Lite
Unit Weight: 8.82lbs
Dimensions: 3.00” x 18.00” x 10.75” (H x W x D)