Minitaur is the ultimate bass machine--an inconspicuously compact analog synthesizer that delivers a massive low end punch. Minitaur’s no-nonsense design and knob-per-function front panel put the full spectrum of earth-shaking sub-bass frequencies right at your fingertips.
This secret weapon of artists and producers around the globe has been upgraded with new firmware, greatly expanding the instrument’s sonic capabilities: create evolving organic bass that moves by isolating modulations to oscillator 2 only, or engage hard sync to turn Minitaur into a hyper-focused bass laser with pinpoint accuracy. Five new modulation wave shapes unlock access to syncopated sweeps and analog percussion sounds, while Minitaur’s assignable CV/GATE inputs allow a world of inter-connective possibilities to unfold “outside of the box”.
Reach beyond the front panel and dig even deeper into the Minitaur’s analog circuits with the free Minitaur Editor/Librarian software, creating a seamless integration with your computer-based workflow on Mac or Windows. Every feature can be manipulated, automated and recalled instantly, injecting the full power of deep analog bass into your DAW.
• SAVE AND RECALL UP TO 128 ONBOARD PRESETS - Select and save directly from your Minitaur’s front panel, via MIDI controller or with the free Minitaur Editor / Librarian software.
• FREE EDITOR/LIBRARIAN SOFTWARE - Seamless DAW integration now with full Windows support!
• 5 NEW MODULATION SOURCES (Tri, Sqr, Saw, Ramp, S&H and Filter EG)
• HARD SYNC - Access a completely new sonic palette with your Minitaur
• MODULATE OSCILLATOR 2 ONLY - Pair with Hard Sync for syncopated metallic sweeps and surges
• ASSIGNABLE CV/GATE INPUTS - Control any feature on or under the hood of your Minitaur via control voltage.
• CV TO MIDI CONVERSION - Bring control voltage into your DAW for analog control over digital circuits
Current Minitaur owners receive the latest Firmware & Editor when they register their synthesizer.
SOUND ENGINE: Analog
PRESETS: 128 Presets
POLYPHONY: Monophonic (can be poly-chained)
EXTERNAL CONTROLLER RESPONSE: Keyboard, Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, After Pressure and Velocity
SOUND SOURCES: 2 Waveshape Oscillators with Square and Saw waveshapes
VCO 2 FREQ: +/-12 Semitones
HARD SYNC: On/Off
OSCILLATOR CALIBRATION RANGE: 22Hz-6.8KHz. Note range at 8’ = 18 - 116
GLIDE: Select LCR, LCT, EXP - Legato On/Off
FILTER: 20Hz-20KHz Moog Ladder Filter
MODULATION SOURCES: LFO (Triange, Square, Saw, Ramp, Sample & Hold), Filter Envelope
MODULATION DESTINATIONS: Oscillator Pitch, Oscillator 2 Pitch only, Filter Cutoff
LFO PANEL FEATURES: Rate control, VCO LFO Amount and VCF LFO Amount
ENVELOPES: 2x ADSR Envelopes with Legato On, Legato Off and EG Reset
EXTERNAL AUDIO INPUT: ¼” TS
AUDIO OUTPUT: ¼” TS, ⅛” TRS Headphone with volume control
MIDI I/O: DIN In, and MIDI I/O over USB
ASSIGNABLE CV/GATE INPUTS: Filter CV (Fixed Dest.), Pitch CV (Default), Volume CV (Default), KB Gate (Default)
CV TO MIDI CONVERSION: Yes
INCLUDED POWER SUPPLY: Yes
WEIGHT: 2.5lbs (1.2kg)
DIMENSIONS: 3.1”H x 8.75”W x 5.1”D
Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice