ROKIT 10-3 Powered Monitor- Generation 3
KRK's ROKIT 10-3 G3 (Generation 3) powered studio monitor offers professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback. The system consists of a 1” soft dome tweeter, a 4” midrange driver and 10” glass-Aramid composite woofer. It delivers high frequencies up to 30kHz, vocal clarity and extended bass response. The proprietary tri-amped, class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 113dB. The ROKIT waveguide is designed to ensure detailed imaging in the listening position. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling, the rotatable midrange module allows flexible positioning in the room while the engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion. Multiple input connections ensure the ROKIT 10-3 G3 will easily integrate in any system configuration. Being a true mid-field solution and also the largest monitor of the ROKIT Family, the KRK ROKIT 10-3 G3 will deliver large scale studio performance paired with ample headroom and tight bass tuning.
- Bi-amped / Tri-amped (RP103G3) class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- Proprietary waveguide optimised for superior imaging
- 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimised distortion and colourisation
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
ABOUT GENERATION 3
For a quarter of a century KRK have been the professional’s choice for mixing and mastering hit records around the globe. KRK’s ROKIT studio monitors have been the most popular choice for accurate monitoring, selling over one million units. With the introduction of the new ROKIT4 and Rokit 10-3 KRK complements the existing Generation 3 line up and expands the legacy of performance ROKIT’s have become known for. So whether you´re just starting out in desktop recording, or you´ve already laid down a few thousand tracks, give a listen to the ROKIT Generation 3 line of monitors and experience the standard of performance and accuracy that raises the bar once again.
- Soft-dome tweeter provides clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- Proprietary waveguide technology optimised for superior stereo imaging
- Lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering maximum headroom with minimal distortion
- Low and high frequency adjustment gives you unprecedented voicing control for optimal room acoustics and mix translation
KRK Systems is one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of studio reference monitors. In our state of the art design facility, KRK engineers create products that deliver a natural and balanced spectral response with low distortion and superior imaging. With KRK monitors, recording engineers and artists hear every nuance of the audio being reproduced. KRK ROKIT Generation 3 monitors continue in this design philosophy, so regardless of your musical style, genre, or particular mixing needs, KRK ROKIT will deliver. Prove it to yourself with these few simple listening tips:
1. Vocal clarity with extended bass response
Many manufacturers compromise the midrange frequencies in order to deliver lots of bass. KRK ROKIT Generation 3´s sonic response gives you both: vocal clarity and low-frequency extension. Take your favourite vocal piece that includes a bass guitar. Notice how the KRK ROKIT presents, in detail, all the vocals and midrange audio, as well as the notes of the bass guitar.
2. Clean, tight bass reproduction
Everyone loves clean, tight bass reproduction. This is achieved with the proper tuning of the woofer, cabinet and port, otherwise you’ll experience muddy bass. Grab a kick drum demo and notice how the KRK ROKIT’s bass is tight and well defined.
3. High sound pressure levels — without distortion
Some monitors play loud, but distort at higher SPL’s. At KRK, we believe if it isn’t clean, it isn’t true at any volume level. That’s why you’ll find precision limiters, matched to our amplifiers in every ROKIT, designed to maintain distortion free sound and balanced response. So turn up a ROKIT and hear not just loud, but hear clean.
4. Precise imaging from defined sweet spot
Place yourself in the sweet spot and listen to any demo selection: now notice the crisp defined image and depth that the ROKIT provides. See how you can hear each vocal and instrument where the recording engineer placed them. Even if you move your head off axis you will notice the sound character remains consistent and you don’t lose either side of your mix.
5. Clean high-frequency extension
Some monitors boost high-frequencies or use gimmicky tweeters to achieve what appears to be superior high-frequency reproduction. The result often is a harsh high-end that quickly becomes fatiguing particularly at high volumes. Listen to the ROKIT at any SPL and note the high-frequencies are crisp, clean and don’t overwhelm the rest of the audio range.
- Configuration: 2-Way 3-Way
- System type: Active Studio Monitor
- HF Transducer: 1" Soft-dome tweeter
- MF/HF Cone material: Aramid Glass Composite Woofer
- LF Transducer: 10" Aramid glass composite woofer
- Freq. Range (-10dB): 25Hz - 30kHz
- Crossover Freq.: 378Hz / 3.3kHz
- Total Power: 148 Watts
- HF Power: 30 Watts
- MF Power: 32 Watts
- LF Power: 86 Watts
- Peak SPL: 113 dB
- Auto-Standby: 30 minutes
- Cabinet Material: MDF
- Unbalanced 7kΩ RCA,
- Balanced 10kΩ ¼" TRS and XLR. Pin 2 & Tip = Hot\Positive, Pin 3 & Ring = Cold\Negative,
- Pin 1 & Sleeve = Ground
- HF Level Adjust (-2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB)
- LF Level Adjust (-2dB, -1dB, 0, +2dB)
- System Volume (-30dB to +6dB)
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Product Dimensions (D x W x H): 14.4" x 12.8" x 21.5"
- (365mm x 325mm x 545mm)
- Product Net Weight: 43.95 lbs (19.9kg)
- Fuse Rating: Slow Blow type, 5mm x 20mm
- 100V~, 110-120V~: T3.15AL
- 220-240V~: T1.6AL