The new standard of grand piano design
Made in Japan, GX Series grand pianos aim to reproduce the delicate control of a full concert grand piano, delivering a level of refinement that few pianists have the opportunity to experience.
In order to achieve this ambitious goal, the length of the keyboard has been extended significantly, increasing the fulcrum distance for each key. This extended key pivot length results in a more consistent touch weight when playing towards the back of the keyboard, affording the pianist greater expressive control, and allowing one's imagination to soar freely.
The advanced Millennium III keyboard action incorporates ABS-Carbon materials to further improve one's playing experience. ABS-Carbon is both highly rigid and extremely lightweight and has long been used in the aeronautics industry as a superior alternative to wood.
The use of ABS-Carbon makes the GX Series' keyboard action more durable and less prone to performance degradation over time, while also delivering improved responsiveness and control. This evolution in keyboard touch can be experienced by the pianist with every key stroke.
The GX-6 combines exquisite tone with stunning beauty to offer an instrument befitting the finest concert hall or professional studio.
- Kawai's exclusive, patented Millennium III Action, featuring ABS-Carbon technology with carbon fibre
- Exclusive NEOTEX Key surfaces: with moisture absorbing properties for greater touch control
- Konsei Katagi rim: utilising a blend of distinctive hardwoods to achieve an ideal balance of tone
- Vertically laminated bridge with solid Maple cap: for enhanced energy transfer
- Continuous bridge: for smoother transitions between bass and treble registers
- Elegant appointments: brass lid prop and cups, brass finials on plate, bevelled lid edges, spade legs
- Hard finish music desk to preserve the piano's beauty
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID): Double width stretcher bar for optimum strength
- Extended length keysticks: for more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert length key buttons: doubled in length to provide maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce precision tapered soundboard: permanently crowned for long term stability
- Advanced scale designs created in the Shigeru Kawai Research and Development Laboratory
- Dual duplex scaling for added tonal richness
- Multi-grip pin block: laminated with 11 plies
- Solid brass agraffes for even string spacing and easier tuning
- Steel reinforced, multi-laminated keybed for strength and optimum energy transfer
- Steel reinforced keyslip for strength and stability that avoids sticking keys
- V-Pro plate: grey iron with "crossbone" design
- Ultra-slow soft fall fallboard
- Kawai 12 year manufacturer's warranty
Keyboard: 88 keys
SIZE & WEIGHT
Key Surfaces: NeoTex
Action: Millenium III Carbon Fibre Action
Hammer: New GX hammer with reinforced hammer shank
Pedals: Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
Music Rack: Adjustable to five angles
Fallboard: Softfall system
Casters: Double casters
Duplex scale (fore and back)
Lid prop stopper
Brass lid prop cup
Brace for inner side of rim