Universal Audio-Midi interface for iPhone, iPad and Mac
The all-in-one audio/MIDI interface that fits in your pocket.
The only Interface you need for making music on the go.
Wouldn't it be great to have one compact portable interface for your iPhone, iPad or Mac that you could use to connect your studio mics, your guitar or bass, your keyboards and your MIDI controller, and play, practice and record on the go? Ta Da! Now you can with iRig PRO.
iRig PRO is the first full-featured compact audio and MIDI interface you can use with your XLR microphones, your guitar and bass, your keyboard or other line-level source and your MIDI controllers. It features an XLR/1/4" combo jack for connecting microphones and instruments (accepts XLR and 1/4" TS cables), and a MIDI input for plugging in your favourite controller.
Now when you're on the go, you can record vocals, harmonies, acoustic instruments, electric guitar/bass, keyboards and more without changing your interface and disrupting your creative flow.
You will find iRig PRO to be the most versatile iPhone and iPad accessory in your gig bag. And when you get back to your Mac, plug iRig PRO into your USB port and keep jamming away on your laptop or desktop.
You'll be amazed by the compact design of the unit and what it actually delivers. About the size of a travel tube of toothpaste, iRig PRO fits nicely into small spaces like your gig bag, the accessory compartment of your hardshell case or the side pocket of your cargo shorts. Just don't forget about it and run it through the laundry.
Multiple personalities, universal connectivity
iRig PRO can handle all of your stuff, including XLR condenser mics, guitars and basses, keyboards and other line-level sources, and MIDI controllers. Whatever you're connecting to your device, iRig PRO has you covered. And iRig PRO comes with 3 connector cables: Lightning, 30-pin and USB, to ensure that you've got the right connections.
We've included a nifty little control feature on iRig PRO – an input gain control knob. This lets you dial in just the right amount of input gain to give your sounds and tones just the right amount of sparkle, thump and headroom… as if we musicians NEED more headroom! Cowbell? Yes. Headroom? Maybe not.
One thing you'll notice with lesser (and sometimes even greater) mobile interfaces is the noise factor. Some interfaces actually introduce unwanted noise and interference into your signal for no reason at all… not a cool thing. In iRig PRO, we've virtually eliminated noise with our new high-definition preamp design. We can't tell you how we did it, but you'll dig it. You'll have to hear it to believe it. And trust us, you won't hear it. It's that transparent.
Highest quality A/D conversion
So what is this A/D conversion, and why should I care? A/D conversion is what happens when the analog signal from your instrument, like your guitar, bass or keyboard, is "converted" into a format that digital devices (like your iPhone/iPad/Computer) can read, understand and modify. It's like having a foreign language translator right there plugged into your iPhone. As you can guess, not all language translators are the same. Some are better, and some not so good. In the digital world, the quality of the translator is indicated by the "bit" number and sample rate. iRig PRO offers an outstanding 24-bit converter with a 96kHz sample rate (available through a downloadable firmware update). What this means is that it accurately and completely converts the entire range of your signal, preserving all the subtle nuances of your instrument. In plain terms, you can now bring the entire tonal and transient spectrum of that warm sound you love into the digital world of your smartphone or tablet.
Power of the phantom – Use your studio mics
High-quality studio condenser microphones require 48V of external power to function. It's part of what makes them sound so good, crisp and ultra-accurate. With iRig PRO, you can plug your condenser mic in, flip the phantom power switch and record until your heart's content. Through our magic circuitry wizardry, you don't need to purchase 48 volts worth of batteries… a simple standard (and included) 9V will work just fine for this. It's magic. Really.
30 pins of Lightning USB
Anywhere you play, you can use iRig PRO. It comes with three (3) cables to connect to all of your playing/recording devices: a Lightning cable for newer iPhones, iPads and the iPad mini; a 30-pin dock connector for "older" devices; and a USB cable for connection to your Mac laptop or desktop. No need to thank us… it's just who we are. Start a song on the bus or in the hotel room, polish it on the plane, finish it at home or in the studio… iRig PRO is truly the only interface you'll need.
All this and MIDI, too
In addition to all the great audio functionality you get with iRig PRO, it also functions as a plug-and-play MIDI interface. Use the included MIDI cable to connect any MIDI keyboard or other controller to your iOS device or Mac and play virtual instruments or change parameters in Core-MIDI-compatible apps and software. When you use iRig PRO with an IK MIDI-capable iOS app like AmpliTube or VocaLive, the app's premium MIDI functionality — which otherwise requires an in-app purchase to activate — is included free.
- Balanced input for a mic, unbalanced input for line-level or Hi-Z source, via XLR/1/4" combo jack connector
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality mic and instrument preamp, low noise, high definition
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz conversion
- MIDI IN, compatible with iRig MIDI cables
- +48V phantom power provided by included 9V battery
- Sturdy, durable construction
- Powered by mobile device or USB when plugged into Mac
- 30-pin, Lightning, USB, and MIDI cables included
- Comes with complete suite of music-making software and apps:
- For Mac: AmpliTube Metal, T-RackS CS Classic mastering suite, SampleTank 3 SE sound workstation
- For iOS: AmpliTube FREE for iOS (including Metal W amp, Metal 150 amp, Wharmonator stomp, X-Flanger stomp after registration); SampleTank FREE, a sonic workstation with 48 additional exclusive sounds (after registration); iGrand Piano FREE (includes Grand Piano 1 with Upright Piano 1 and Rock Grand 1 available after registering the app and hardware, respectively). And with the FREE iGrand Piano app, registering your iRig PRO instantly removes the 4-octave range limitation giving you access to all 88-notes of the instrument as in the full version.
- 24-bit/96 kHz recording
Exclusive models & free software
iRig PRO comes with some serious music-making tools, all compliments of… you guessed it, us. On the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch side of things, you get (from the App store) AmpliTube FREE including an additional 4 exclusive gear models (Metal W and Metal 150 amps, Wharmonator and X-Flanger stomp effects). AmpliTube is the ultimate guitar and bass effects, amp and recording studio for iPhone/iPad, expandable with gear from the top manufacturers like Fender®, Ampeg®, & Soldano®, and players like Slash and Jimi Hendrix. You also get VocaLive FREE, the professional practicing, performing and recording vocal processor with 2 effects and single-track recorder, expandable to 12 effects and 4-track recorder (up to 8-tracks on VocaLive FREE for iPad). Also included is SampleTank FREE, the ultimate virtual instrument and sound workstation featuring a complete expandable collection of instruments and effects. SampleTank FREE comes with an additional 48 sounds to supplement the 20 sounds originally included. What's more? iRig PRO Also includes iGrand Piano FREE with 3 world-class, multi-velocity stereo grand and upright piano instruments (1 included, 1 after registering iRig PRO, 1 after registering iGrand Piano FREE)., expandable to 15 additional studio-grade instruments.
On the Mac side, you'll get full expandable versions of AmpliTube Metal with Custom Shop, SampleTank 3 SE professional sound workstation and T-RackS Classic mixing and mastering suite, with 4 classic effects processors.
APPS – What's inside
iRig Pro comes with free apps from IK Multimedia and works with many other apps.
- Instrument Input: unbalanced, Hi-Z, TS 1/4” Jack, Tip: signal / Shield: ground
- Maximum Input Level: from 30 mVpp to 6.9 Vpp
- Instrument Input Impedance: 620 kOhms
- Microphone Input: balanced, XLR. Pin 2: hot / Pin 3: cold / Pin 1: ground
- Microphone Input Level: from 6 mVpp to 1.4 Vpp
- Microphone Input Impedance: approx 2 kOhms
- Gain Control Range: 47 dB
- Phantom Power: 48V +/-10%
- Input Noise: -97 dB RMS, -105 dB(A)
- Distortion (THD): 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 96kHz (requires latest firmware version)
- Battery: 9V (Alkaline suggested), needed for +48V phantom only
- iRig PRO universal Audio-MIDI interface
- iOS Lightning connection cable
- iOS 30-pin connection cable
- USB connection cable
- 2.5mm jack to MIDI cable
- 9V Battery
- Size: 32mm/1.26" x 105mm/4.14" x 32mm/1.26" (W x L x H)
- Weight: ~40g/1.41oz
Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th and 5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 5.1 or later is required.
- Mac®: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
- Windows®: Support using the ASIO4ALL driver on Windows XP/Vista/7/8. See our FAQ here for further details.
- Compatible with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio technology, like the Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 require Android 5. Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.
- Compatible with Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android apps that use USB (OTG) audio input. Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.
- Compatible with any Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android 5. Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.