Ultra-portable large-diaphragm digital microphone for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC and Android
Make professional studio-quality recordings on the go
Introducing iRig Mic Studio, IK Multimedia’s ultra-portable large-diaphragm digital condenser microphone for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC and Android. It packs a 1” diameter condenser capsule into an ultra-compact enclosure that can be used to make professional-quality recordings anywhere. Great for musicians, vocalists, home producers, podcasters, broadcasters, voice-over artists and more, it puts the superior power of a large-diaphragm microphone into the palm of your hand.
- Professional studio microphone with large-diaphragm capsule
- Ultra-compact size that’s easy to carry around
- High-quality 1” back electret condenser capsule
- 24-bit converter with 44.1/48Khz sampling rate
- Low-noise, high-definition preamp
- Integrated headphone output
- Multicolour LED status and level indicator
- Onboard gain control and headphone level control
- Comes with a full suite of IK apps
- Includes portable tripod tabletop stand
- Includes Lightning, Micro-USB OTG and USB cables
- 30-pin cable available separately
- Available in black or silver version
Big sound, small size
What’s remarkable about iRig Mic Studio is that it offers its truly amazing recording quality in an enclosure that’s smaller than an iPhone. It features a large 1” diameter back electret condenser capsule, a 24-bit audiophile-grade A/D converter (with 44.1/48 kHz sample rate) and a built-in low-noise high-definition preamp. These, combined with its 133dB SPL rating, allow for optimal recording at any sound pressure level — it can capture everything from the subtle and nuanced dynamics of the human voice to the full-on bombast of an amplified electric guitar, and everything in between.
A full suite of controls
To ensure you’ll always record at your best, iRig Mic Studio comes with a full set of flexible controls: It has a gain control knob and a multicolour LED level indicator. It also includes a headphone output with its own level control for onboard monitoring directly from iRig Mic Studio itself. And, for better positioning while recording, iRig Mic Studio comes with a sturdy and portable tabletop tripod stand.
All this is to say that iRig Mic Studio is equipped with everything you need to capture the highest quality sound no matter whether you’re at home in the studio or recording while on the go.
It’s all about the connections
iRig Mic Studio is compatible with all your favourite mobile and desktop platforms. It comes with a female micro-USB port and an assortment of cables: Micro-USB to Lightning for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch; micro-USB to micro-USB OTG for Android (requires either an Android 5 or Samsung Professional Audio device); and micro-USB to USB for Mac and PC. A micro-USB to 30-pin cable is available separately for older iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models.
Record with the power of apps
For immediate recording, iRig Mic Studio comes equipped with a powerful suite of vocal apps that match its cross-platform compatibility. iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users will be able to enjoy VocaLive, a powerful effects processor and multi-track recording app that features a selection of 12 professional real-time vocal effects. EZ Voice for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and EZ Voice for Android are streamlined and easy-to-use sing-along apps that make it easy for vocalists to practice with any song in their music library. iRig Recorder for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and iRig Recorder for Android are straightforward apps for field recording, podcasting, note taking and more. Mic Room, the microphone modelling app for iPhone and iPad.
iRig Mic Studio is also fully compatible with a wide variety of third party apps and software, like Cubasis, ProStudio Vocal FX, MultiTrack DAW and more. It’s also compatible with Apple’s GarageBand and Logic Pro X apps, and iOS Voice Memo.
- Microphone Type: condenser, back electret
- Capsule Size: 1”
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Interface Type: USB digital microphone, built-in low-noise high-definition preamp
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, -3dB
- Gain Range: 40dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 133dB
- Sensitivity: -42±3dB at 1 kHz, 0dB=1V/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weighted: 11dB-A
- Resolution & Sample Rate: 24 bit up to 48kHz recording
- Connector Type: standard Micro-USB
- Headphone Output: 3,5mm/1/8” jack
- Power and Connection: powered by connected device
- Controls: Built-in gain and headphone volume controls
- Built-in multicolour LED for status and audio level indication
- iRig Mic Studio microphone
- Lightning connection cable
- OTG connection cable
- USB connection cable
- Protective storage bag
- Mic clamp
- Table top stand
- Size: 45mm/1.77” x 117mm/4.61”
- Weight: 218g/7.69oz
- Cables length: 1.5m/59”
- iOS Devices:
- Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S*, iPhone 4*, iPod touch (4th* and 5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation*, iPad 2* and iPad*. iOS 5.1 or later is required.
* Using 30-pin cable (sold separately).
- Android Devices:
- Compatible with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio technology, like the Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 require Android 5.
- Compatible with Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android apps that use USB (OTG) audio input.
- Compatible with any Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android 5.
- Mac®: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
- Windows®: Support using the ASIO4ALL driver on Windows XP/Vista/7/8. See our FAQ here for further details.