The Godin MultiOud Encore Nylon is an electro-acoustic, fretless instrument featuring 11 nylon strings. Based upon the ancient middle-eastern instrument called the Oud and inspired by the countless musicians struggling with the issues of tuning and amplifying such an instrument comes the Godin MultiOud.
It features custom voiced electronics with under saddle transducer in the bridge controlled via an onboard preamp for optimal amplified sound. The preamp also features a built-in tuner which, when combined with the custom tuning machine heads, helps to make this 11-string simple to tune and keep in tune.
The Godin MultiOud is tuned (low to high) as follows: F,A,D,G,C,F.
- Two-chambered Canadian Laurentian Basswood body
- Solid Cedar Top
- Mahogany neck
- Fretless Rosewood Fingerboard & bridge
- Custom machine heads
- 24" (609.6 mm) fingerboard radius
- 23.03" (585 mm) scale
- 1.6 " (40.64 mm) nut width
- 1/4" output
- Custom voiced EPM Quantum 1T electronics with undersaddle transducer.
- Built-in chromatic Tuner
- Colors: Natural Semi-Gloss