Designed by Professionals to be EASY to Play!
Learning Guitar Just Got Fun Again
The PRO-1 is a terrific first step into the world of guitar featuring all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough features. Epiphone, one of the world’s oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasn’t easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the player’s level. So Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly “PRO” guitar that’s easy to play, easy to own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound that Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 acoustic guitar is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a “who’s who” of professional players. And now it’s time to play!
EASY TO PLAY FEATURES
The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar has all of the PRO-1 Collection’s innovative easy-to-play features:
- Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1 Ultra neck and you’ll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Our new EZ-Profile™ neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
- Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO™ frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO™ frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, it’s easier to make string contact with the fret with less hand fatigue and finger friction.
- Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the “looser” the strings feel. Because the PRO-1’s scale length is almost 1” shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you don’t have to press hard to get good tone. And – since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
- Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease™ string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
- No pain, no gain? Nonsense—Epiphone believes in “no pain.” Lighter gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
- Easy action. With Epiphone’s Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabiliSes the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
- All PRO-1 features including JumboPRO™ frets, EZ-Profile™ “D” neck, dual action truss rod, and humidifier
- On-line lessons from eMedia® on-line lessons
- Classic dreadnought style acoustic guitar in reduced size
- Top: Select Spruce; Custom PRO-Prietary™ Bracing
- Body: Select Mahogany; Reduced body depth
- Neck: Mahogany; EZ-Profile™ “C” Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- T’rod Cover: White; PVC
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Fingerboard: Rosewood; PRO-Ease™ Lubricant
- F’Brd Inlay: Dots; frets 3,5,7,9,12,15 and 17
- Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with historic “Epiphone” metal badge
- Fret: 20; JumboPRO™
- Nut: GraphTech® NuBone™
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Tuners: 18:1 ratio Epiphone "Deluxe"
- Strings: Epiphone Ultra-Light (9-47)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Binding: ody Top: 1-Layer; Black
- Body Back: 1-Layer; Black
- Pickguard: Black; Scratchless
- Saddle: GraphTech® NuBone™; Compensated
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Hardware: Chrome
- Colour: Wine Red
Easy to Use
The PRO-1 is a dreadnought style acoustic guitar with a classic profile known for incredible volume and tonal range. While traditional-sized dreadnoughts can be difficult for a new player to get used to, the PRO-1 has a reduced body depth, which makes it easy to hold for long hours of playing.
Another Epiphone innovation is the PRO-1’s shorter scale neck with an EZ-Profile™ neck shape, which makes learning chords and licks easier. PRO-Ease™ Lubricant makes the neck feel smooth and “worn in” on your fingers, and JumboPRO™ frets make it easy to hold down Epiphone’s custom light gauge strings.
A guitar that plays this easy has to be able to get in tune and stay in tune in a snap. The PRO-1 features Epiphone’s Deluxe tuners, which have 18:1 ratio tuning gears that help make finding the right pitch quick and intuitive. Ordinary tuners have only a 14:1 ratio, which makes fine tuning difficult as the string never quite settles in the right spot. But tuning is easy with the PRO-1’s higher gear ratio which lets you adjust your tuning with greater precision so it’s easier to find the right pitch and stay there.
The PRO 1’s new EZ-String™ Rosewood bridge doesn’t use bridge pins which on other guitars are difficult to remove and difficult to get in place (not to mention easy to lose!). So changing a string and getting it in tune on the PRO-1 is fast and easy.