DBX 160A MONO OVEREASY® COMPRESSOR / LIMITER - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD
Stock code: DBX160AD
DBX 160A MONO OVEREASY COMPRESSOR/LIMITED
Featuring switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls, the dbx 160A is up to any task. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting. Choose low ratios and OverEasy® compression to transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels. Or use the 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond :1 and over 60dB gain reduction) for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals.
The 160A is fully compatible with +4/-10dB and balanced/ unbalanced systems, and its electronically balanced output stage is an outstanding line driver for long cable runs (an output transformer is optional). The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
The dbx® 160A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equalizer for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on acoustic guitar and bass. And two 160As can be stereo-coupled to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in stereo, without shifting the left/right image. Its musical sound, easy operation and unequaled versatility made the original dbx® 160 a world standard. The 160A follows that tradition, while meeting the challenges of a digital world.
• OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
• Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
• Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or putput and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
• Over 60dB of gain reduction available
• Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
• Independent balanced and unbalanced outputs can drive 600 loads to +24dBm simultaneously. New floating balanced output stage drives any load
• Optional output transformer capable
• Strappable with another 160A for true RMS stereo summing operation