Introducing the groundbreaking Guilele from Cordoba! A crossover instrument with the size, sound, and feel of a tenor ukulele but with six strings, tuned just like a guitar, only higher*. This small six string is light, portable and a great travel option for guitarists on the go. It’s also a fantastic instrument for the ukulele player looking to explore the guitar, or for the adventurous guitarist searching for new sonic territory.
The Guilele and Guilele CE are built with a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, a rosewood fingerboard, and a natural satin finish. The Guilele CE features an active two-band EQ undersaddle piezo pickup system, and a cutaway for added upper register access.
*The Cordoba Guilele is designed to be tuned up a 4th from standard guitar tuning (same as a guitar with a capo at the 5th fret - A D G C E A - low to high), in the register of a traditional ukulele. Because the scale length of the Guilele is so much shorter than a guitar, standard E guitar tuning is not possible on this particular instrument, even with an alternate set of strings. Check out our travel guitars designed for standard tuning such as the Protégé Series, Requinto 580, Cadete, and the La Playa Nylon or Steel!
- Top: Solid Spruce Top
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Black ABS binding / Rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: NA
- Rosette: All natural wood braided inlay
- Finish: Satin (matte) finish, natural color
- Neck/Fingerboard: Rosewood Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 435mm (17.125")
- Nut Width: 46mm (1.8")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 50mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Markers on the 5,7,10,12
- Nut/Saddle: Composite
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 17 total
- Body Width & Length: 226mm width at lower bout / 170mm at upper bout / 28" in total length
- Overall Length: 27.25"
- Body Depth: 70mm at upper and lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Tuning Machines
- Electronics: NA
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Gig bag