AT A GLANCE
With the CTK-4400, enjoy musical fun with a compact keyboard, making every performance a unique experience. The built-in Hall effect button allows you to do this in an impressive way: At the touch of a button, concert hall reverb can be applied to the sound of the keyboard, adding authenticity when you play. The keyboard also has 61 dynamic touch keys, 180 lively rhythms and 152 songs, as well as 32 registration memories allowing you to store settings such as tempo, tones or rhythms easily.
- 61 piano-style keys
- Touch Response (2 sensitivity levels, off)
- 48-note polyphony (maximum)
- 570 high-quality tones including stereo grand piano tones
- 180 rhythms including 74 ethnic rhythms and 20 patterns for piano play
ENHANCED HIGH-QUALITY BASIC FUNCTIONS!
Improved sound quality and keyboard feel￼
- AHL* sound source
All built-in tones, including piano and acoustic instrument tones, now sound better than ever before! 48-tone maximum polyphony provides plenty of margin to minimise the chance of notes being dropped when tones are layered and when playing with Auto Accompaniment.
* Acoustic & Highly-compressed Large-waveform￼
- Piano-style keyboard
An easy-to-play keyboard with an appearance resembling that of an acoustic piano.
- Touch Response
Touch Response lets you add delicate nuances to notes by varying how much pressure you apply to keyboard keys.￼
- Virtual Hall
Playing the keyboard simulates the acoustic effect of a concert hall, and produces reverberations that transmit a feeling of being there.￼
- Chord Book
You can use the Chord Book to look up chords you do not know how to play. You can hear what a chord sounds like and a simple operation even shows you inverted forms of the chord, making the Chord Book a valuable reference.
Makes music more fun than ever before
￼- Sampling function
You can sample a sound from a portable audio player or other device, and then play the sound on the keyboard. You also can use sampled sounds to compose music. The sampling feature is a great way to create new sounds that are highly creative.￼
Start playback of the portable audio player connected to the keyboard’s AUDIO IN jack to sample voices, musical phrases, and other sounds in the playback￼
Play notes on the keyboard using the sampled sound!
If you sample the "Ting!" sound of a triangle, for example, you can then play notes with the sound on the keyboard. You even can add reverb, vibrato, and other effects to the sampled sound.
Incorporate a sampled sound into accompaniment patterns!
You can sample a favourite musical phrase or drum sound, and use the same to replace some Auto Accompaniment drum sets.
- AUDIO IN
Connecting a music player to the AUDIO IN jack causes the audio from the player to be output through the keyboard's speakers. Of course, you can play along with the audio, which means you can enjoy jamming with your favourite artists. It's a great way to liven up a party or any other type of social gathering.
POWERFUL LESSON FUNCTIONS!
New lessons functions guide you along the way to music proficiency
- Step Up Lesson
To master a song, it is best to break it up into short phrases, master each of the phrases, and then put everything together. Step Up Lesson does exactly that, providing you with the support you need to improve your play.￼
- Performance Evaluation
Your lesson score appears on the display screen.
- Voice Fingering Guide
If the keyboard senses you are having problems, it will help you by calling out finger numbers in a simulated human voice.
- Lesson part select (right hand, left hand, both hands)
- 152 Song Bank tunes including 50 Exercise phrases (Song Book provided*)
Built-in songs cover a wide range of genres for lesson play and for your listening enjoyment. Includes Exercise phrases!
* The Song Book does not include music for Exercise phrases. Due to copyright restrictions, some Song Bank tunes may not be included in the Song Book.
- Song Expansion
You can load songs from external sources and use them for listening, play along, or even lessons.
- Memory capacity is approximately 320KB, which is enough for up to 10 songs. Note that the actual number of songs that can be stored depends on the size of each individual song and other data stored in memory.
- Songs you add using Song Expansion can be used for Step Up Lessons, but fingering guide will not be displayed for such songs.
- Recorder and metronome features for lesson support
DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED TO HELP YOU SOUND YOUR BEST!
Play music from around the world
￼ ￼- A wide selection of tones (600 high-quality tones)
A wide selection of musical instrument tones supports play of songs from various genres.￼
￼- PIANO/ORGAN Button
￼ ￼- 180 rhythms and Auto Accompaniments for Latin music and other styles from around the world (180 rhythms including 87 ethnic rhythms and 20 patterns for piano play)
An advanced Auto Accompaniment feature provides you with access to a large collection of ethnic rhythms from around the world, with a special emphasis on Latin rhythms. In addition to Bossa Nova, Samba, and other basic rhythms, you also get Cumbia, Reggaeton, Calypso, and more!
￼ ￼- Rhythm Editor
10 user rhythms created by editing built-in rhythms
￼ ￼- Music Preset
Selecting a Music Preset instantly changes the keyboard setup (tone, rhythm, tempo, etc.) so it is ideal for playing a specific song. The selection of setups covers a wide range of musical genres.
￼ ￼- Preset Scale
Change the scale (temperament) of the keyboard quickly and easily to suit Oriental music or certain types of classical music.￼ ￼
- Musical Information Function (Large, Backlit LCD)
A wealth of information is displayed to support your keyboard play.￼ ￼
- Versatile expandability
- USB port for computer connection*
- General MIDI (GM Level 1) support allows connection with a computer or another GM-compatible device.
* Supported operating systems: Windows® XP Home Edition (SP2 or later), Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or later, 32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS® X (10.3.9, 10.4.11 or later, 10.5.8 or later, 10.6.7 or later)
For the latest news about driver and application support under Windows® 7, visit here.
- More powerful features and functions
- Recorder for composing and play
- Registration for storage of keyboard setups and instant recall when you need them
- One Touch Preset automatically sets up the keyboard to match the Currently selected rhythm.
- Auto Harmonise adds appropriate harmony notes to your melody automatically.
- Arpeggiator simplifies arpeggio play.
- Keyboard: 61 piano-style keys
- Touch Response: 2 sensitivity levels, Off
- Sound Source: AHL
- Maximum Polyphony: 48
- Tones: 600 built-in tones
- Layer/Split: Layer, Split
- Digital Effects: Virtual Hall (1 type), Reverb (10 types), Chorus (5 types)
- Rhythms/Patterns: 180 built-in rhythms (10 user rhythms)
- Auto Accompaniment:
- Modes: CASIO Chord, Fingered 1, Fingered 2 (6th off), Fingered 3 (on bass), Full Range Chord
- Controllers: Start/Stop, Intro, Normal/Fill-in, Variation/Fill-in, Synchro/Ending
- Built-in Songs: 152 (Song Bank)
- Song Expansion: 10 songs maximum (up to 320KB total)
- Lesson Function:
- Step Up Lesson
- Lesson Part select
- Performance evaluation
- Voice fingering guide
(Lesson part : right hand, left hand, both hands)
- Metronome Beats: 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (Tempo range: quarter note = 30 to 255)
- Recorder: 6 tracks x 5 songs (performance recording), 1 song (lesson recording), approximately 12,000 notes total, real-time recording/playback
- Sampling Function:
- Maximum sampling capacity: :Up to 8 sounds
- Maximum total sampling time: :Up to 10 seconds
- Sampling sound input: AUDIO IN jack
- Other Functions:
- Rhythm Editor (10 user rhythms)
- Registration: 32 setups (4 sets x 8 banks)
- Music Preset: 305 presets
- One Touch Preset: 180 sets
- Auto Harmonize: 12 types
- Arpeggiator: 90 types
- Preset Scale: Equal temperament + 16 types
- Octave Shift: ±2 octaves
- Music Challenge
- Rhythm/Song controller
- Piano/Organ Button
- Chord Book
- Key Transpose: 25 steps (-12 to +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: A4 = 415.5 to 465.9 Hz (Initial Default: 440.0 Hz)
- Pedals: Standard jack (sustain, sostenuto, soft, rhythm)
- Display Screen: LCD with backlight
- GM Compatibility: Level1
- Terminals: USB
- Speakers: 12cm x 2
- Amp Output: 2.5W + 2.5W
- Input/Output Terminals:
- HEADPHONES/OUTPUT (standard stereo jack)
- AUDIO IN
- USB: type B*
- EXTERNAL POWER (9.5V DC)
* USB cable (A-B type) required to use USB terminal for computer connection.
- Power Requirements: AC adaptor: AD-E95100L
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 948 x 350 x 103 mm
- Weight: 4.3kg (Without batteries)
- Body Colour/Finish: Silver × Black
- Included Accessories: Music stand, song book