BOSS MT2W WAZACRAFT METAL ZONE - GUITAR EFFECT PEDAL
Stock code: BOSMT2W
Auckland Region North Island South Island Warehouse
Apply for Finance Now on $369.00
Quick weekly payments on $369.00
|Monthly Service Fee:||$1.80|
- You must be a NZ Citizen / Permanent Resident and currently living in New Zealand.
- You must be older than 18 years of age.
- You must provide proof of identity by means of a NZ drivers licence or New Zealand Passport.
- Finance Now's normal lending criteria applies to your loan application.
- Click here to view a copy of our standard terms and conditions, a complete list of Finance Now's standard fees and/or our QFE Disclosure Statement, or visit www.financenow.co.nz for more information.
- Full disclosure of all of the terms of your loan (including the total amount payable over the term of the loan) will be provided to you prior to completion of your loan.
- Delivery: The delivery address must be the residential address of the applicant. You cannot change your delivery address once your finance application has been submitted. Please ensure the delivery address entered is correct.
- Pickup: The primary applicant must provide valid Photo ID when collecting from chosen RockShop Store.
Found a Cheaper Price? Put us to the test!
MT-2W Metal Zone
A HIGH-GAIN ICON, EVOLVED WITH WAZA INNOVATION
For over 25 years, the MT-2 Metal Zone has been one of the most popular and influential compact pedals in the BOSS lineup, with overall sales that are second only to the venerable DS-1 Distortion. Made in Japan and infused with Waza Craft mojo, the MT-2W takes the iconic stomp to new levels of tonal range and versatility. Standard mode delivers an evolved version of the original mid-focused Metal Zone tone, while Custom mode introduces a fresh, wide-ranging voice that’s perfectly suited for today’s diverse high-gain styles.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analogue audio circuitry
- Innovative dual-stage gain circuit built with discrete analogue components
- Standard mode updates the famous MT-2 Metal Zone sound with improved clarity and lower noise
- Custom mode delivers full-throttle gain tones with wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter low end
- Powerful three-band EQ provides intense sound customization with High, Low, and sweepable Midrange and up to 15 dB boost/cut on each band
- Premium buffer for clean and clear tone when bypassed
- Made in Japan
The Metal Zone: A Milestone in High-Gain Stomps
First released in 1991 and in continuous production ever since, the MT-2 Metal Zone is loved by guitarists everywhere for its thick, rich distortion and distinctive mid-focused character. Capable of producing a versatile range of heavy tones, the MT-2’s innovative dual-stage gain circuit has influenced legions of pedal designers through the years. Another standout feature is its groundbreaking three-band EQ with parametric midrange, which provides deep sound-shaping ability for covering numerous high-gain styles. The pedal was also one of the first BOSS compacts with dual-concentric knobs, offering expanded control without increasing size.
MT-2W: Refined Tones with Waza Craftsmanship
Like all Waza Craft pedals, the MT-2W infuses an original BOSS analogue design with artful refinements for enhanced performance and versatility. The dual-stage gain circuit features a discrete design with carefully selected components, providing premium tones with increased clarity. The EQ has been refined as well, with a smoother midrange tone and unique Q values specially tuned for the pedal’s Standard and Custom modes.
Standard Mode: Enhanced Metal Zone
Supported by the discrete components in the MT-2W’s dual-stage gain circuit, Standard mode takes the Metal Zone’s famous mid-driven sound to the next level. The attack is even more responsive, and the definition and clarity has been enhanced as well. Noise has been reduced too, providing improved performance at ultra-high gain settings.
Custom Mode: Wide and Tight
Engaging the MT-2W’s Custom mode voices the pedal for a huge, wide-ranging sound, making it ideal for nearly any current heavy style. The tone is natural and open, with increased dynamics and rounder lower mids than Standard mode. Even at the highest gain settings, the low end remains full yet tight, focused, and well-defined, perfect for chugging out low-tuned riffs. The sound also cleans up very nicely when reducing your guitar’s volume, putting an extremely balanced range of tones under your fingers.
Waza Craft: The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analogue circuits to high-tech DSP. This enthusiastic spirit continues on with the Waza Craft series, which brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully selected analogue components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship.
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Pedal switch
- Mode switch
- DIST knob
- EQUALIZER MIDDLE/MID FREQ knob
- EQUALIZER HIGH/LOW knob
- LEVEL knob
Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw: 35 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline: Approx. 18 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 7 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use*
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Option (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 73 mm
- 2-7/8 inches
- 129 mm
- 5-1/8 inches
- 59 mm
- 2-3/8 inches
Weight (including battery):
- 440 g
- 1 lb