BEHRINGER C1U STUDIO USB CONDENSER MICROPHONE
Stock code: BEC1U
Auckland Region North Island South Island Warehouse
Found a Cheaper Price? Put us to the test!
STUDIO CONDENSER MICROPHONE C-1U
USB Studio Condenser Microphone
- Professional, large-diaphragm condenser microphone with built-in USB interface, ideal for podcasters and musicians
- Plug this amazing USB-mic straight into your computer and turn your PC or Mac computer into a recording system without the need for any other hardware
- Directly works with your PC or Mac computer—ultra-low latency ASIO and WDM drivers for PC audio optimization included
- Exceptionally flat frequency response and ultra-high sound resolution perfect for voice, acoustic instruments, etc.
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted capsule
- Comprehensive podcasting and audio editing software (Podifier, Juice, PodNova, Golden Ear, Audacity) for computers, both PC and Mac
- USB connection cable included
- Swivel stand mount included
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
The C-1U is a digital home recording or podcasting enthusiast’s dream come true. This professional quality condenser microphone is identical to the acclaimed BEHRINGER C-1 mic with one awesome difference: it’s has a built-in USB interface so you can be ready to record faster than ever, and with minimal preparation and equipment. Just plug it into your computer and start recording!
What is a USB Condenser Microphone?
The primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations, condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. Unlike a dynamic microphone, a condenser microphone collects sound from throughout an environment such as a room, rather than only picking up what’s happening directly in front of it. It is capable of capturing much more detail with a wider, flatter frequency response. Trouble is, conventional condenser microphones aren’t made to interface with a computer — you have to provide a microphone preamplifier and an analog to USB interface. The C-1U has a built-in USB interface that derives the needed power directly from your computer’s USB input and requires no special drivers. Just plug in and start recording your masterpiece!
Does Awesome Sound Come Any Easier?
The short answer is no. Unlike most other USB microphones, you won’t need to download any additional drivers to begin using the C-1U right out of the box—it even works with Vista! You also get an extensive software package with Audacity for recording, Kristal Audio Engine for editing and multitracking, Podifieruploading software and PodNova downloading software. It works like this: Connect the mic to your PC or Mac. Load Audacity and save your recording onto your hard drive. Now load the included Kristal software and you can edit your recording or add tracks. Now you’re ready to upload your work onto the Web via Podifier.
Sound That Astounds!
Getting started with the C-1U may seem like child’s play, but this pro-caliber microphone is anything but a toy. It has an exceptionally flat frequency response and pristine sonic resolution that ensures content-rich audio that is as natural sounding as the original source. The cardioid pickup pattern provides unparalleled sound source separation and feedback rejection. The C-1U’s ultra low-noise, transformerless FET input circuitry can handle extreme dynamics, all the way up to 136 dB, with ruler-flat frequency response from 40 Hz to 20 kHz. That means that even if the special guest on your next podcast happens to be a revved-up jet engine, this workhorse mic will not distort!
Here’s Why You Need a C-1U…
- Far better sound quality than the dynamic microphones you’re probably using now
- With its built-in USB interface and comprehensive software package, just plug in and start laying down tracks
- You don’t have to download any new drivers, and it’s perfectly compatible with Windows XP/Vista and Mac
- Includes swivel stand mount and carrying case
Compose. Record. Mix. Share.
Tracktion is one of the world's fastest and easiest Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) for composing, recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world. Featuring a single-screen interface, and pushing the envelope in design elegance, Tracktion brings together outstanding Pro DAW features, such as dynamic automation, unlimited track count, MIDI recording and support for VST and AU plug-ins. This powerful music production software gives you all the tools of an entire professional-grade recording studio. Learning a DAW has never been easier, thanks to their vast and readily available library of resources. As our way of saying "Thank You", when you register your (insert the product name) at behringer.com, we'll reward you with a complimentary download code for the full version of Tracktion 4. Recording and editing couldn’t be easier.