BACH STRAD C180SL229PC C TRUMPET PHILADELPHIA SILVER PLATE FRENCH FLAT BEAD BELL RIM
Stock code: BACC180SL229PC
Bach Professional Model C180SL229CC C Trumpet
In April of 1955, Vincent Bach completed and delivered six C trumpets to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Four were selected by individual members of the trumpet section and purchased by the Orchestra. The remaining two were sold to a music store for individual customers. Now, almost fifty years later, these trumpets are still revered, still in use, and still the property of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Each instrument is assigned to a specific section member. Today, however, other trumpet players are in for a treat, as Conn-Selmer has introduced the "new" Bach Stradivarius C180SL229CC "Chicago" C trumpet, an instrument closely based on these original designs.
- The Bach C180 series trumpets are the number one selling professional orchestral trumpets in the world.
- The C180SL229CC "Chicago" C Trumpet features a .462" large bore, special 25C mouthpipe based on Vincent Bach's original design, and a lightweight #229 one-piece hand-hammered professional bell with a classic French bead flat rim providing a quick response with outstanding projection and tone.
- The 1st valve thumb ring allows for easier tuning adjustment.
- Narrower bell to valve casing and valve casing to mouthpipe braces improve resonance.
- The silver-plate finish provides a controlled brilliance to the overall sound.
- The Chicago C trumpet is the perfect choice when you need the sound to immediately reach the back of the hall.
- Bach "Stradivarius Chicago C" - Key of C
- .462" large bore
- Lightweight one-piece hand-hammered yellow brass #229 bell with classic French bead flat rim with soldered bell wire
- Special #25CC leadpipe based on 1947 design
- Wide foot bell to leadpipe braces
- Narrower braces at bell to valve casing and valve casing to leadpipe
- Thumb ring on first valve
- Narrow tuning slide
- 1947 design
- Single brace on tuning slide
- Bead rings on all slides
- Hexagon shaped pull knobs
- 1st slide thumb ring
- 3rd slide pin stop
- Silver-plate finish
- Bach 7C mouthpiece
- C180C woodshell case