The SCX1 is a professional studio cardioid condenser microphone designed for a wide variety of recording, broadcast and live sound applications. Known for its high sensitivity, pin-point accuracy, low profile and consistency, the SCX1 is also available with hypercardioid (model SCX1HC) or omni-directional (model SCX1O) capsules.
With a smooth uniform frequency response from 40 Hz - 20 kHz, the SCX1 is very consistent when responding to on and off-axis signals, and exhibits excellent phase coherence and minimal proximity effect. The SCX1 is characterized with a wide cardioid polar pattern; this, coupled with the high output and sensitivity of the microphone, makes the SCX1 an ideal choice for miking overhead, drums, instruments, room ambience, orchestral sections, stringed instruments, piano, vibes and sound effects.
Other features include a 21 mm gold vapor capsule, miniaturized electronics and an extremely small footprint. The SCX1 will handle sound pressure levels of 130 dB and will provide up to 20 dB of ambient noise rejection. In addition to acoustic instruments, the SCX1 is an excellent choice for group vocals, speech or Foley work. The SCX1HC has become a popular choice for interior dialogue boom pole miking. It has a precision machined brass body, interchangeable capsules, black multi-layer class ‘A' liquid finish and gold plated XLR connector. The SCX1 is manufactured to exacting standards and tight tolerances.
- SCX1CMP - Matched pair cardioid
- SCX1HC - Hypercardioid
- SCX10 - Omni
- CASEWOOD - Foam lined wooden case.
- DCLIP - Heavy-duty nylon molded snap on clip.
- WS81C - External foam windscreen for reducing wind, sibilance, and pop noise.
- APS2 - Two-channel 48 V phantom power supply. 110 V switchable to 240 V. Detachable power cord.
- DFLEX - Dual pivot rim mounted clip with extra wide butterfly jaws.
- STANDKD - Short pedestal stand with telescoping boom arm.
- SMT25 - Low profile shock mount system with nylon cable and thumbscrew for positioning.
- PD133 - Optional two-layer mesh pop diffuser for controlling acoustic plosives.
- CBL20 - 20' premium XLR-XLR balanced mic cable. Quad conductor, twisted pair with braded shield for conductivity. 6 mm PVC jacketed.
- P1 - Carrying pouch.
- Studio vocals, group vocals
- Overheads, hi-hat
- Orchestra, symphony
- Acoustic stringed instruments
- Piano, vibes, flute, bells, chimes, mariba
- Audience mics for in ear monitors
Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Omni-Directional
Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 200 Ohms
Sensitivity: 26 mV/Pa (C) / 17 mV/Pa (HC) / 15 mV/Pa (O) @1k