AUDIX DP QUAD 4 PIECE DRUM MICROPHONE PACK - 1X D6 KICK MIC, 1X I5 SNARE, 2X ADX51 OVERHEAD MICS, CLIPS & CASE
Stock code: AUDDPQUAD
Auckland Region North Island South Island Warehouse
Apply for Finance Now on $1,099.00
Quick weekly payments on $1,099.00
|Monthly Service Fee:||$1.80|
- You must be a NZ Citizen / Permanent Resident and currently living in New Zealand.
- You must be older than 18 years of age.
- You must provide proof of identity by means of a NZ drivers licence or New Zealand Passport.
- Finance Now's normal lending criteria applies to your loan application.
- Click here to view a copy of our standard terms and conditions, a complete list of Finance Now's standard fees and/or our QFE Disclosure Statement, or visit www.financenow.co.nz for more information.
- Full disclosure of all of the terms of your loan (including the total amount payable over the term of the loan) will be provided to you prior to completion of your loan.
- Delivery: The delivery address must be the residential address of the applicant. You cannot change your delivery address once your finance application has been submitted. Please ensure the delivery address entered is correct.
- Pickup: The primary applicant must provide valid Photo ID when collecting from chosen RockShop Store.
Found a Cheaper Price? Put us to the test!
NEW! 4-piece Drum Mic Package
When it comes to drum and percussion microphones, Audix is the industry leader. These high precision instrument microphones are designed to fill the specific needs of artists and engineers for both studio and live applications.
The Audix DP Series QUAD pack is the simplest and most effective combination of microphones that will allow you to capture the depth and imaging of a full drum kit. With kick, snare and two overheads, the QUAD incorporates the best of two miking techniques: close miking and overhead (ambient) miking.
The D6 for kick drum and the i5 for snare are considered the two microphones every drummer must have. The kick and snare are considered the core of any drum kit and the foundation for every groove. Close miking insures that they will be captured in the mix. If either the kick or the snare is unable to be heard, there is simply no groove. Being high SPL dynamic microphones, the D6 and i5 excel at “close miking”. This miking technique is required in order to capture the attack and percussive sound of the drum. Also, by having the mic close to the source of the sound, it helps to isolate the sound of each drum and separate it from the rest of the kit.
Overhead (ambient) miking:
Supporting the idea that “less is more”, there are many engineers who will use just two overhead mics to capture the natural sound of the complete drum kit. With two overhead mics, positioned correctly, it is absolutely true that you can capture the transients, tonality and balance of the kit in a completely phase-coherent manner. The ADX51, which is a pre-polarized condenser microphone with a 14mm gold sputtered diaphragm, is designed specifically with overhead applications in mind. Due to its cardioid pickup pattern, high sensitivity and slim pencil design, the two ADX51 mics can be easily positioned overhead to provide a nice stereo image of the entire drum kit.
With contemporary music and with the volumes typically generated on stage, it is more practical and effective to create a blended effect of close miking and overhead miking – the exact intent of the DP-QUAD. The D6 will help provide the earthshaking lows and the attack of the kick; the i5 will reinforce the depth and crack of the snare; the overheads will pick up the high-hat, tom fills, cymbals and the ambiance of the entire kit. With the DP-QUAD, drums will maintain their sound integrity and critical presence, regardless of the size of the room and PA system.
What's In The Box
1 x i5 snare mic
1 x D6 kick mic
2 x ADX51 overhead mics
1 x DVICE rim mount with MC1 mic clip
3 x DCLIP mic clips
2 x WS81C windscreens