Its powerful tone and fast neck attracted bass players who needed an instrument with bone-crushing tone and lightning speed.
As time went on players from other genres, like Funk and Blues, discovered that the SB-CB was the perfect bass for them.
Play the SB-CB and find out what this bass can do for you!
The SB-CB features:
A 5-ply maple/walnut neck-thru design with Aria's "heel-less" contour
34" scale length
One MB-1E double-coil pickup
Innovative controls: One volume knob, one tone knob, 6-position Pickup Attack Mode rotary knob, preamp bypass switch and battery life LED
At the heart of the SB-CB is the unique B.B. Circuit.
This circuit gives the SB-CB a ton of sonic flexibility, literally at the turn of a single knob.
Each of the six presets change the frequency of a low pass filter, which changes the character of the bass tone.
Here are the settings:
1. 1377 Hz - A smooth and round tone. Very foundational sound for big basslines.
2. 723 Hz - A warm tone with a low mid bump. This setting is cool for a modern slap tone.
3. 496 Hz - Tight mids and bright highs. Perfect for tapping or playing with distortion.
4. 340 Hz - A thinner tone than #3. Ideal for soloing over a band.
5. 229 Hz - Great simulated hollowbody sound.
6. 186 Hz - High, crispy tone. Excellent for chord melody playing.
The mini-switch turns on and off the B.B. Circuit, and the LED shows the strength of the battery (as the battery drains the LED becomes weaker).