Please enter your details to begin the finance application process.
You will need a working printer to print the approval letter at the completion of the application process.
Figures shown here are indicative and the exact figures will be confirmed with you.
Please read the important information below.
This Application is for In-Store FinanceNow. After Completion, you will need to head into your local Rockshop to complete your purchase.
For Finance Now Online, Please fill your cart with your items, and select 'Finance Now' At Checkout.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION
NB:E & OE – errors and omissions excepted. While we make every effort to keep this information updated, errors may occur. We will not be held liable or responsible for any errors excepting where these are incapable of exclusion under relevant legislation.
NZ Rockshop, KBB Music, and Finance Now are pleased to be able to bring you one of the most ethical, secure and competitive financing options available. Along with Hire Purchase and Personal Finance, we are also able to offer Business Finance and Business Rental / Lease options.
Personal Finance may be applied for online from this site; Business Finance and Business Rental options will need to be discussed with your local branch (you can find contact details here).
Below are the questions that frequently arise with regard to Hire Purchase, hopefully your question is answered here. If not, please feel free to email Online with your query.
WHY USE FINANCE?
- Credit Cards accrue interest on a daily basis, so unless you clear the amount every 55 days (approx) you will be paying interest, upon interest.
- Save your credit card balance for a rainy day or an emergency.
- You pay fixed payments over a known period - which can help with budgeting.
- Increase your buying power - makes getting what you WANT affordable. Invest in what you actually need rather be limited by current budget.
- Hire Purchase interest and associated charges may be a tax deductible if you are a business or earning income from your equipment*
FINANCE GENERAL INFORMATION
All finance is done through Finance Now, the same company that we use in-store. With a relationship spanning nearly two decades, they are our finance partner by choice.
- You must be a NZ Citizen / Permanent Resident, be currently living in NZ and older than 18 years of age;
- You must provide proof of identity by means of a NZ Driver’s Licence or NZ Passport
- Finance Now’s normal lending criteria applies to your loan application
- Visit www.financenow.co.nz for a complete list of Finance Now’s standard terms and conditions including their QFE Disclosure Statement.
- Full disclosure of all the terms of your loan (including the total amount payable over the term of the loan) will be provided to you prior to completion of your loan
- DELIVERY: The delivery address must be the residential address of the applicant. You cannot change your delivery address once your finance application has been submitted. Please ensure the delivery address entered in the checkout section is correct and matches
- PICKUP: The primary applicant must provide valid photo ID when collecting from the chosen store; ideally this will be the same identification provided in the application.
- The Interest Rate is 19.95%, same as an in-store finance sale. NB : this is based on a 'reducing balance'; that means every time you make a payment, it includes interest AND a part of the original loan; subsequent interest payments are calculated on the reduced balance of the loan amount. The finance calculator will show exactly the amount of interest you will pay. This may be a tax deductible expense*
- There is a $59.00 booking fee and a $1.80 per month administration fee, which all the finance figures on this site show, this is the same as our in-store booking fee.
- Choose your own term from 6 - 36 months. Longer terms on large investments may be available: email – or go in store – for further details or to enquire.
- Consumer Protection Insurance is available; while it is optional, we recommend and endorse this protection. Benefits include: cover for theft from a locked vehicle or locked premise; repayment coverage in the event of a job loss or inability to work. The added cost is a mere fraction of what it would cost if equipment was stolen (and it wasn't at home where you may be covered); it also protects your credit rating should you be in circumstances that impact your ability to complete the contract payments. You can arrange this when you come into the store to finalise the paperwork.
- You can apply for 'no deposit' finance, same as in-store. Paying a deposit reduces your repayment amount; it is not mandatory.
- If the online approval system returns a DECLINED result - do not panic. It's not a categorical decline. You can request that a Senior Lender reviews the application, send Rockshop Online an email using the page above. The application will reviewed by a Finance Now Senior Lender during business hours. Remember that Finance Now WANTS to lend you the money and they will look for all ways in their power to lend the money. This online system is great, but it isn't perfect.
- If the system declines you, and a Senior Lender also returns a decline there is another application method that we can try with Finance Now which is called a 'non-conforming application'. This is a broader spectrum approval which covers first time borrowers, and borrowers with past credit issues. It's a chance for people to set or reset their credit history with Finance Now. The interest rate is 24.9%, $59.00 booking fee and $1.80 per month administration fee. The increased interest rate makes approximately $30 difference per thousand dollars over a 12 mth contract. What this means is that you CAN buy that gear NOW.
- You will need to come into a branch to collect the goods unless freighting arrangements – and payment – has been made ( see above for DELIVERY and PICKUP terms and conditions). When you do this, you will need to bring in your photo ID for us to witness. If you do not bring this, we can not complete the sale.
We can now offer the option to complete the entire transaction online including document signing.
- You may also choose to request having the paperwork couriered to you for witnessing by a person authorised to witness documents: JP, Postmaster, Police, Solicitor etc. This only takes a few days.
- When the system approves you, it will give you a letter, code or token to print out and / or bring into the store. If you have opted to pay a deposit, this is when you should bring it in. We do not accept personal cheques - Cash, Credit Card or EFTPOS only for deposits.
- When you click on the Finance Now online application link, you are redirected to a secure iFrame hosted on Finance Now's secure server. You can be assured that your details entered will be confidential.
The Rockshop, in conjunction with Finance Now, can fund musical equipment to any organisation that is not using the equipment for personal use. This can include;
- Music teachers
- Professional musicians (whether they are GST registered or not)
- Schools / Educational Facilities
- Societies (Churches, Charities etc.)
- This finance is available now through all Rockshop outlets, and you can download the application form online.
- Finance Now’s Business Finance provides the following benefits:
- Does not affect other working capital facilities
- From no deposit lending
- Immediate access to equipment/goods
- Minimal impact on cash flow
- Tax deductibility benefits (depending on type of organisation)
Minimum is $500. Maximum (with normal credit checks) $20,000. Finance over $20k is available; a full set of Company accounts will be required for Finance Now.
To view and download the Business Finance Application form, please click below.
Please note that you can type into the PDF document on the screen and then print it out. This ensures maximum legibility for all parties and you can retain a copy for your records.
Please note that no information is stored or retained on our servers, so you will need to store a copy of the application for your records.
Once approved, you will need to visit a Rockshop or KBB Music branch to complete the paperwork.
If you have any questions, please click on the Contact Us link.