Rex McLeod School of Drumming
“King of the Drums”
So you'd like to play the drums, or take your playing to the next level? Rex has been the choice of tutor for many of Auckland's top drummers for the last 38 years. As an accomplished musician, he's highly skilled, experienced, friendly, motivated and is able to tailor your learning to best suit you and your goals.
LEARN TO GROOVE WITH REX.
Rex's students have gone on to play with the likes of: Van Morrison, Lorde, Kids of 88, The Darcey Perry Band,The Nukes, An Emerald City, The Psychs, Labretta Suede and the Motel 6, Strange Brew, Swampland, One or two of these moved onto other instruments ..... the rest are still drummers and I'm sure their drumming was part of the musical development of them all.
Call Rex for a chat on 09 636 8796 or 021 173 8461.
- Beginners to advanced
- Learn to read notation as you learn to play
- Rudiments and all styles of drumming
- Lessons weekly, fortnightly or casual by arrangement *
- Lessons 45 minutes long ( Half hour lessons available for students aged 8 and under )
- Blocks of four lessons, paid in advance at all times. Cash, cheque or online banking transfers only, sorry NO EFTPOS OR CREDIT CARDS
- One hour lessons available by arrangement *
- Reading only lessons available by arrangement *
*Lessons take place from Rex's studio in Onehunga, Auckland, NZ. Rex will arrange a regular timeslot for your lesson that works for you. If you are unable to attend a lesson Rex would appreciate a minimum of 24 hours notice. If you do this he can often arrange an alternative lesson time that is mutually suitable. If you give him less than 24hours notice, you will be charged in full for that lesson. Sometimes Rex may have to cancel your lesson, usually due to band commitments. He will always give you 24hours notice and, of course, there will be no charge.
Re - school age students:. Rex continues with lessons during the school term holidays. Your lessons can continue at your usual timeslot, or, if it suits, alternative timeslots are available with some students being away. Please let Rex know well ahead of the holiday breaks whether you will be attending or not. The Drum School does shut down for a few weeks over the summer from the week before Christmas until the end of January. It is sometimes possible, by special arrangement, for a few lessons to be scheduled through this period.
- Purpose built studio, with friendly, relaxed atmosphere
- 2 drum kits
- Sound system
- Whatever media you have your music on; iPod, iPhone, iPad, laptop, CD, mp3, cassette or vinyl, we are able to play in through the studio sound system
- Basic recording facilities (new equipment should be up and running in the very near future)
- Study materials (constantly being updated)
- DVD / video library
- Drum chart library
- Free advice on instrument purchase and maintenance
Phone: 09 636 8796
Mobile: 021 173 8461