Virgil Donati is at the avant-garde of double bass drumming. His innovative ideas have been the focus of much attention for many years, and he continues to forge ahead, breaking down barriers, challenging conventions.
This work gives us insight and provides a detailed guide, through his exercises, on just how he arrived at this point. It sheds light on precisely what it takes to integrate the pedals with the drum kit, to ultimately turn vision into reality.
1. Develop strong foundational skills
2. Develop a creative core using the most practical pattern - single strokes
3. Explore the interpretation & application of various rudimental patterns
4. Work on innovative rhythmic ideas
5. Includes a chapter on 'Recorded Works'
This book includes an audio cd with 94 tracks of examples taken from various chapters.