The four ultra-clean, high-grade mic preamps are combined with independent Variable Harmonic Drive circuits that use 100% analogue signal paths to generate rich harmonic distortion - adding SSL analogue attitude to your digital recordings. As you increase the input gain, the Variable Harmonic Drive circuit introduces a blendable mix of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your source material, taking it from gentle valve-style warmth through to trashy transistoresque grunge. It’s a new world of overdriven possibilities.
• Ultra-clean SSL preamp with 75dB of gain
• 48V phantom power
• 20dB Pad switches that illuminate to indicate overload
• Hi Z switches to accommodate mic, line and instrument level signals
• Four independent Variable Harmonic Drive systems
• Front panel 1/4 inch jack instrument/line level inputs with passive DI type impedance detection and level matching
• Individual input, output and VHD controls for each section
• Rear panel XLR mic/line inputs and XLR outputs.