The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
Beta 87A - Includes stand adaper. Cable not included.
Leading the field for studio-quality sound in live performance, the Beta 87A has a smooth, tailored response for warm, accurate sound. Its supercardioid design provides maximum isolation from nearby vocalists or instruments. Supercardioid, Condenser.
• Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
• Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
• Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
• Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
• Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
• Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
• Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
• Reliability for years of trouble-free performance