At first glance of the NTR you’re aware that it’s very special and unique – an intricate blend of art and science.
Designed to hang in the world’s finest recording studios and performance halls equally as well as home studio spaces, its existence is a labour of love for RØDE. Every element of the NTR, from the transformer to the ribbon element itself, has been designed and created in-house at RØDE’s headquarters in Sydney, Australia. All with the aim of crafting the finest ribbon microphone available.
Sonically, the NTR is capable of reproducing unprecedented high frequency detail and accuracy, addressing common criticisms of other ribbon microphones, while opening up the possible usage scenarios considerably. This allows it to record sound sources that usually require a more sensitive microphone element.
- Highly sensitive 1.8 micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during warranty period
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
Acoustic PrincipleVelocity Transducer
Active Electronics: Step-up Transformer and signal balanced preamp stage
Polar Pattern: Figure 8 - picks up from the front and rear and rejects sides
Address Type: Side
Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
Output Impedance: 200Ω
Maximum SPL: 130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Sensitivity: -30.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (30.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level: (A-weighted)15dB-A
Power Options: +48V phantom power
Dimensions: 216mmH x 65mmW x 65mmD
Output: XLR Output