50W/25W (Switchable) | EL34 or 6L6 Power Tube Option | Head and Combo Configurations
Keeping the original Archon’s lush gain and remarkable clean channel, the Archon 50 adds several options that make this amp a whole new tool for musicians of all styles.
Available with a half-power switch, as a head or a 1x12 combo, and with the choice of powerful 6L6 or classic EL34 power tubes.
THE POWER OF VERSATILITY
The Archon 50 continues the Archon’s promise of delivering full, lush gain while offering a clean channel that players of all genres will appreciate. With 50 watts, switchable to 25 via the amp’s back panel, the Archon 50 breaks up at a lower volume, resulting in a more classically driven tone than its predecessor.
The added option of 6L6 or EL34 power tubes allows players to further personalise the tone and feel of the Archon 50. 6L6 tubes offer plenty of versatility and warmer, more balanced tone across the full range of frequencies. They will also push with less saturation for a bit of a sweeter, smoother tone. EL34 tubes offer focused, tight, punchy gain. They run a little hotter, distort earlier, and deliver a wider range of overdriven, crunch tones that are great for rock distortion.
Now offered as a head or a 1x12 combo (with a Celestion G12-75T speaker), the Archon 50 can back players from metal to rock to country to blues.
- Watts: 50W/25W (Half Power Switch)
- Channels: Lead/Clean
- Power Tubes: (2) 6L6GC or (2) EL34
- Preamp Tubes: (6) JJ12AX7
- Output Jack Configuration: 4/8/16 Ohm Selectable
- Fixed/Adjustable or Cathode Bias: Fixed Bias (Adjustable)
- Head Dimensions: 21.5”L x 10.5”W x 10” D (nominal)
- Head Weight: 33.5 lbs (nominal)
- Combo Dimensions: 21.5”L x 10.5”W x 17.75” D (nominal)
- Combo Weight: 47 lbs (nominal)
- Speaker (Combo Only): Celestion G12-75T
- Front Panel Controls:
- Volume/Treble/Middle/Bass/Master for each channel
- Bright Switch for each channel
- Global Presence & Depth
- Rear Panel Controls:
- Half Power Switch, Impedance Selector
- Bias Jack Terminals:
- Accessible from Back Panel
- Channel and Loop Bypass Switches (Two button, LED)
INSIDE THE AMP:
Get an inside look at the attention to detail that defines PRS design, quality, and tone.
1. Very high quality on-on-on switches, panel-mounted
2. Panel-mounted alpha pots with flying leads
3. Robust PC boards with extensive handwired construction
4. Shielded signal cable in critical areas for low noise
5. Thick aluminium chassis for strength and low weight
6. Mechanical relays for pure audio signal transfer
7. Chassis mounted Belton tube sockets
8. Components designed and constructed for ease of servicing
9. Half Power Switch
10. All pre-amp tubes have elevated heaters for quieter operation (diminishes 60 cycle hum)
11. Tubes hand selected for low noise and high gain
12. Bias test jacks for easy biasing without removing the chassis
13. Fuses accessible from outside of chassis for easy replacement
The Archon 50 Demo (Head & Combo)
Archon 100 Head vs. Archon 50 Head vs. Archon 50 Combo
Archon 50 (Head) Demo w/ Dave Weiner