Novation Bass Station II
Powerful two-oscillator analogue monosynth with dual-mode filters, modulation, effects, step sequencing and more.
Reimagining Novation's classic analogue monosynth for the new generation of electronic musicians, Bass Station II enhances and improves on the original in every area, making it even bigger, badder and more versatile.
Packing two oscillators, 64 editable presets, a multimode filter, amp and filter modulation, step sequencing and an arpeggiator, Bass Station II gives you everything you need to make bleeding-edge basses, leads, pads and FX. Yet despite all that power and adaptability, it couldn't be easier to program and play, thanks to its intuitively arranged controls and full sized 25-note keyboard.
Much More Than Bass
Equally at home on stage and in the studio, Bass Station II can sound as warm and mellow or aggressive and hard as you want it to. Modulate the filer to make it sing, crank the distortion to toughen up that bass, and push the resonance to self-oscillation to get those lead lines screaming.
Featuring two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enhancing the all-important low end, plus noise and ring modulation, Bass Station II more than delivers when it comes to generating raw tones. It's also got two distinct analogue filter types – the Classic multi-mode filter of the original Bass Station and the all-new 24dB/octave Acid filter, with its darker, smoother sound – and plenty of modulation in the shape of two LFOs and a pair of ADSR envelopes.
Easy Controls for Complex Design
Bass Station II puts a powerful collection of controls at your fingertips, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, Novation have laid those controls out in the clearest and most useful way possible, to keep your sound design workflow fluid and fun.
Save and Load Patches
Bass Station II comes loaded with 64 diverse presets designed to showcase its incredible sonic flexibility. You also get 64 empty slots, into which your own patches can be saved directly from the synth itself, or using the free librarian software.
When you need instant melodic inspiration, Bass Station II's pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are ready to roll. Record your own patterns into the sequencer in real time, then store them for use with any patch. Sequences and arpeggios automatically sync to your connected music software or MIDI hardware, and swing can be dialled in when you really want to get your groove on.
Connect to Just About Anything
Being a class compliant USB device, you can plug Bass Station II into any Mac, PC or USB power supply and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN ports, for hook-up to other MIDI gear, and you can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II's analogue filter and effects.
- Create a huge variety of sounds: two tuneable, syncable analogue oscillators with a selection of four waveforms, plus sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.
- Enormous bass and shrieking leads: switch the Classic Filter between low-, high- and band-pass modes with 12 and 24dB/octave slopes.
- Improved analogue filter stage: the 24dB Acid Filter is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.
- Turn Jekyll to Hyde: create crunchy, aggressive sounds with true analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and filter overdrive.
- Easily load and save patches: 64 patches are included, covering a huge range of styles, but you can create, save and archive 64 of your own, too.
- Get instant inspiration: record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then store them for use with any patch.
- Experiment easily: get hands-on with the comprehensive array of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing.
- Flexible modulation: triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- Connect to hardware and software: connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Player's keyboard: full sized 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with fast synth-action action and aftertouch.
- Store unlimited sounds: archive as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Librarian Software.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- Novation Bass Station II synthesiser
- DC power supply unit (PSU)
- USB cable
- Ableton Live Lite
- Getting Started Guide
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Windows 7 (all versions) or Windows Vista (all versions) or Windows XP SP2 or higher (all versions)
- Ableton Live Lite
Unit Weight: 8.82lbs
Dimensions: 3.00” x 18.00” x 10.75” (H x W x D)
Clearance Stock with/without Warranty
Terms and Conditions
We are clearing this stock at reduced prices.
-Below cost and end of line / deleted models;
-New but may have minor cosmetic damage or marking that does not affect the usability of the item;
-Second Hand or Ex-Demo product;
-Boxed or ex-Shop Floor and may be missing accessories, original packaging, manuals etc.
While we attempt to identify any issue to the purchaser, this is not always possible. If you have questions regarding the condition of an item, please contact us, prior to ordering for additional information.
Stock Availability - Because a number of clearance items are one-offs (i.e. only one left in stock), the goods may have been sold already; occasionally it may be a stock anomaly and, therefore, not available.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure descriptions and stock quantities are correct. However, mistakes do happen. If an error occurs, we will advise you as soon as practicable and discuss if there is a reasonable alternative product or solution that may be appropriate.
E & OE
Freighting - Goods can be freighted to your local store on your behalf.
Goods may incur a freight charge depending on :
-the type of goods (e.g. large or heavy)
-the time frame in which you require them
Please email us, or make a note on your order, if you have a particular request concerning freighting of your goods.
Condition -All goods will be tested and sent in working condition.
All products listed here are sold with no warranty (express or implied) unless noted. You agree to this as a condition of purchase.
The warranty status will be noted on your invoice.
No representation is made regarding the fitness of the product for your particular purpose, application or installation.
Finance is available to approved applicants, subject to our normal credit terms and conditions. Application may be made on this site (http://www.rockshop.co.nz/customer-services/apply-for-finance/).
Please note that there are no refunds or exchanges on sale items or clearance store stock.