Kingston Saratoga 4 String Bass - Maple, Translucent Black
The MTD Kingston Saratoga bass is a modern re-imagining of a classic “J” Jazz style bass, at a budget-friendly price and is one of our most popular models. The sound of the J bass has been pivotal in the development of many musical genres. The MTD Kingston Saratoga retains that great sound but packages it in a wonderfully designed instrument.
It is Michael Tobias’ innovations like the asymmetrical neck, balanced body, Quick-Release bridge and lighter weight which sets the Saratoga apart from the crowd. You will love the high output hum cancelling passive pickups and passive electronics. It has a bright sound like the original J bass and is rich in the midrange as well as the treble and sounds great for funk, reggae, blues, rock, heavy metal, country, and of course, jazz!
The Kingston Saratoga offers both beginning and touring bassists a bass with great classic tone at a great price. It is a workhorse on stage and in the studio and has the beautiful lines that will fit in with any gig.
- Carved bass wood body
- Mike’s personal design concepts
- Asymmetrical, one-piece Maple Neck
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Maple, rosewood or lined fretless fingerboards
- MTD Quick Release Bridge
- Tobacco Sunburst and Trans Black Gloss Finishes
- Two passive, single coil J-style pickups
- Three controls: 2 volume and 1 passive tone
- 34-inch scale
- 21 medium jumbo frets
- Available in 4 and 5-string models
- Light weight/heavy tones!
- Pro features at a great price
- Incredibly comfortable and fast
- lays in tune everywhere
- Something for every player
- Great tone, instant string changes
- They look as good as they sound
- Killer tones for every style of music
- Perfectly simple controls
- The tried-and-true classic scale length
- Mike ‘s preferred frets
- Old School or New Cool!