The award-winning MF-101 Lowpass Filter is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. It contains two complete modular functions: a voltage-controlled lowpass filter and an envelope follower. It can be used with any instrument-level to line level-signal.
The moogerfooger filter's control parameters are signal mix, cutoff frequency, resonance amount, and envelope amount. All of the Lowpass Filter's parameters can be controlled with expression pedals or external control voltages as well as by great feeling knobs which beg to be tweaked. Panel switches select filter mode and envelope follower speed. 1/4" jacks are provided for audio input and output, pedal/control inputs and envelope follower output. A heavy-duty, yet smooth-acting bypass switch allows tabletop or foot operation.
A lowpass filter removes high frequencies from a tone. It makes the tone sound more mellow or muted. The lower the Cutoff, the more muted the tone sounds. Imagine a window shade. As it is pulled down, it cuts out the higher light, then the light from the middle of the window, then finally all the light. The MF-101 Lowpass Filter does the same sort of thing to the sound spectrum with its Cutoff Control.
As you turn up the Resonance control, the overtones near the cutoff frequency are boosted. Resonance gives the moogerfooger filter the same classic Moog filter sound as the Minimoog; and Moog modular synthesizers.
The envelope follower tracks the loudness contour (envelope) of a sound, and produces a voltage that follows the dynamics of your playing. Every time you play a note, the envelope voltage goes up and then down. The harder you play, the higher the envelope voltage goes. The envelope follower opens and closes the lowpass filter. Think of the envelope voltage as an invisible hand that turns the CUTOFF knob up and down every time you play a note. Since the envelope follows the dynamics of your instrument's signal, you actually play the filter as you play your instrument.
* CUTOFF rotary control, which varies the filter's cutoff frequency over an eight-octave range.
* RESONANCE rotary control, which varies the shape of the filter's response, from pure lowpass to actual oscillation.
* ENVELOPE AMOUNT rotary control, which adjusts the amount that the input signal's envelope sweeps the filter cutoff frequency.
* MIX rotary control, which crossfades continuously from unfiltered to filtered audio.
* DRIVE rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input.
* SMOOTH-FAST rocker switch, which chooses between smooth and fast envelope follower response.
* 2-POLE 4-POLE rocker switch, which chooses between 2-pole (bright) and 4-pole (deep) filter frequency
* LEVEL, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control.
* ENV, a LED that indicates the strength of the envelope voltage.
* BYPASS, a two-color LED that tells whether the filter is on or bypassed.
* ON/BYPASS, a rugged, smooth-acting 'stomp switch.'
Jack Panel Features
* AUDIO IN 1/4" phone jack - accepts any instrument-level or line-level audio signal from -16 dBm to +4 dbm.
* AUDIO OUT 1/4" phone jack - -4 dBm nominal output level.
* CUTOFF, RESONANCE, AMOUNT, MIX, all of which are stereo 1/4" jacks that accept moogerfooger EP1 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or control voltages from either two-circuit or three-circuit 1/4" jacks.
* ENVELOPE OUT jack - delivers the Envelope Control voltage for use by other voltage-controlled devices.
* +9V POWER INPUT jack - accepts standard 9 volt power adaptors (power adaptor included).
* CASE: Black panel with hardwood sides - classic analog appearance.
* DIMENSIONS: 9" x 6" x 2-1/2"
* NET WEIGHT: 2 lb
* SHIPPING WEIGHT: 4 lb, including power adaptor and instruction manual.
Clearance Stock with/without Warranty
Terms and Conditions
We are clearing this stock at reduced prices.
-Below cost and end of line / deleted models;
-New but may have minor cosmetic damage or marking that does not affect the usability of the item;
-Second Hand or Ex-Demo product;
-Boxed or ex-Shop Floor and may be missing accessories, original packaging, manuals etc.
While we attempt to identify any issue to the purchaser, this is not always possible. If you have questions regarding the condition of an item, please contact us, prior to ordering for additional information.
Stock Availability - Because a number of clearance items are one-offs (i.e. only one left in stock), the goods may have been sold already; occasionally it may be a stock anomaly and, therefore, not available.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure descriptions and stock quantities are correct. However, mistakes do happen. If an error occurs, we will advise you as soon as practicable and discuss if there is a reasonable alternative product or solution that may be appropriate.
E & OE
Freighting - Goods can be freighted to your local store on your behalf.
Goods may incur a freight charge depending on :
-the type of goods (e.g. large or heavy)
-the time frame in which you require them
Please email us, or make a note on your order, if you have a particular request concerning freighting of your goods.
Condition -All goods will be tested and sent in working condition.
All products listed here are sold with no warranty (express or implied) unless noted. You agree to this as a condition of purchase.
The warranty status will be noted on your invoice.
No representation is made regarding the fitness of the product for your particular purpose, application or installation.
Finance is available to approved applicants, subject to our normal credit terms and conditions. Application may be made on this site (http://www.rockshop.co.nz/customer-services/apply-for-finance/).
Please note that there are no refunds or exchanges on sale items or clearance store stock.