ROKIT Powered Monitors - Generation 3
KRK Systems is one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of studio reference monitors. In their state of the art design facility, KRK engineers create products that deliver natural and balanced spectral response with low distortion and superior imaging. KRK Studio Monitors have been the professional’s choice of recording engineers and artists for mixing and mastering hit records around the globe, as they need to hear every nuance of the audio being reproduced. KRK ROKIT Generation 3 monitors continue in this design philosophy. Regardless of your musical style, genre, or particular mixing needs, whether you seek for a compact solution, a well-refined nearfield monitor, or even midfield reference, KRK ROKITs deliver.
ROKIT 4 Powered Monitor - Generation 3
KRK's ROKIT 4 G3 (Generation 3) powered studio monitor offers professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback. The system consists of a 1” soft dome tweeter and 4” glass-Aramid composite woofer. It delivers high frequencies up to 35kHz, vocal clarity and extended bass response. The proprietary bi-amped, class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 102dB. The ROKIT waveguide is designed to ensure detailed imaging in the listening position. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling to allow flexible positioning in the room while the engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion. Multiple input connections ensure the ROKIT 4 G3 will easily integrate in any system configuration. The ROKIT 4 is the most compact solution of the KRK ROKIT series, perfect to fit smaller rooms and any desktop application.
- Bi-amped / Tri-amped (RP103G3) class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- Proprietary waveguide optimised for superior imaging
- 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimised distortion and colorisation
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
KRK Systems is one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of studio reference monitors. In our state of the art design facility, KRK engineers create products that deliver a natural and balanced spectral response with low distortion and superior imaging. With KRK monitors, recording engineers and artists hear every nuance of the audio being reproduced. KRK ROKIT Generation 3 monitors continue in this design philosophy, so regardless of your musical style, genre, or particular mixing needs, KRK ROKIT will deliver. Prove it to yourself with these few simple listening tips:
1. Vocal clarity with extended bass response
Many manufacturers compromise the midrange frequencies in order to deliver lots of bass. KRK ROKIT Generation 3´s sonic response gives you both: vocal clarity and low-frequency extension. Take your favourite vocal piece that includes a bass guitar. Notice how the KRK ROKIT presents, in detail, all the vocals and midrange audio, as well as the notes of the bass guitar.
2. Clean, tight bass reproduction
Everyone loves clean, tight bass reproduction. This is achieved with the proper tuning of the woofer, cabinet and port, otherwise you’ll experience muddy bass. Grab a kick drum demo and notice how the KRK ROKIT’s bass is tight and well defined.
3. High sound pressure levels — without distortion
Some monitors play loud, but distort at higher SPL’s. At KRK, we believe if it isn’t clean, it isn’t true at any volume level. That’s why you’ll find precision limiters, matched to our amplifiers in every ROKIT, designed to maintain distortion free sound and balanced response. So turn up a ROKIT and hear not just loud, but hear clean.
4. Precise imaging from defined sweet spot
Place yourself in the sweet spot and listen to any demo selection: now notice the crisp defined image and depth that the ROKIT provides. See how you can hear each vocal and instrument where the recording engineer placed them. Even if you move your head off axis you will notice the sound character remains consistent and you don’t lose either side of your mix.
5. Clean high-frequency extension
Some monitors boost high-frequencies or use gimmicky tweeters to achieve what appears to be superior high-frequency reproduction. The result often is a harsh high-end that quickly becomes fatiguing particularly at high volumes. Listen to the ROKIT at any SPL and note the high-frequencies are crisp, clean and don’t overwhelm the rest of the audio range.
- Configuration: 2-Way 3-Way
- System type: Active Studio Monitor
- HF Transducer: 1" Soft-dome tweeter
- MF/HF Cone material: Aramid Glass Composite Woofer
- LF Transducer: 4" Aramid glass composite woofer
- Freq. Range (-10dB): 51Hz - 35kHz
- Crossover Freq.: 2.3kHz
- Total Power: 30 Watts
- HF Power: 10 Watts
- LF Power: 20 Watts
- Peak SPL: 102 dB
- Auto-Standby: 30 minutes
- Cabinet Material: MDF
- Unbalanced 7kΩ RCA,
- Balanced 10kΩ ¼" TRS and XLR. Pin 2 & Tip = Hot\Positive, Pin 3 & Ring = Cold\Negative,
- Pin 1 & Sleeve = Ground
- HF Level Adjust (-2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB)
- LF Level Adjust (-2dB, -1dB, 0, +2dB)
- System Volume (-30dB to +6dB)
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Product Dimensions (D x W x H):
- 8.82" x 6.09" x 8.31" (211mm x 155mm x 238mm)
- Product Net Weight: 8.67 lbs (3.93 kg)
- Fuse Rating: Slow Blow type, 5mm x 20mm
- 100V~, 110-120V~: 1A-250V
- 220-240V~: 500mA-250V