The Touch of a Grand Piano
The keyboard action of an acoustic grand piano is composed of black and white keys, graded hammers, and numerous other components working in harmony when each note is pressed. This beautifully designed mechanism allows gifted pianists to express a wealth of feeling and emotion in their music, as they respond to the tactile nuances transmitted through the keyboard. Translating the piano action’s intricate movements to a digital instrument, while retaining these acoustic-like subtleties is a stunning achievement, and draws upon over 85 years of experience in crafting the world’s finest pianos.
Responsive Hammer III Keyboard Action
The new CN Series’ class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action recreates the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and rigid, springless design providing a smooth and natural piano playing experience. The instruments’ triple-sensor key detection system enhances responsiveness and accuracy, while structural reinforcements throughout the action assembly help to minimise noise and key wobble during staccato and fortissimo passages.The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while let-off simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano. These important characteristics allow discerning pianists to practise their expanding repertoire with confidence, and ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises when called upon to perform using the finest acoustic grand pianos.
The Sound of a Grand Piano
The Kawai EX concert grand piano is widely regarded by professional pianists and piano technicians as one of the finest instruments within its class. Hand-built by Master Piano Artisans at the Shigeru Kawai Piano Research Laboratory in Ryuyo, Japan, each EX instrument undergoes a meticulous regulation and refinement process within a specially designed anechoic chamber. Following this lengthy crafting period, the completed EX concert grand piano receives a final series of rigorous quality inspections, before eventually taking centre stage in the world’s most prestigious musical institutions and concert halls.
Grand Feel Pedal System
Reinforcing the CN Series’ reputation as the most realistic digital pianos in their price range is Kawai’s Grand Feel Pedal System. This new development accurately replicates the individual weighting of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Kawai EX Concert grand piano to further enhance acoustic piano authenticity.
Song Recorder, Usb Convenience
The new CN Series models feature song recorder capabilities that both enhance one’s playing enjoyment and can also assist piano study. The CN25’s useful recorder allows up to three songs to be stored in internal memory and played back at the touch of a button, serving as a convenient self-assessment tool for players of all skill levels.
- Kawai CN25: The new standard in digital piano value and performance
- Keyboard: 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch key surfaces
- Action: Responsive Hammer III (RHIII) action with Let-Off,Triple Sensor and Counterweights
- Sound Source: Progressive Harmonic Imaging (PHI), 88-key piano sampling
- Sounds: 19 voices
- Polyphony: 192
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: Preset effects
- Lessons: Alfred, Bergmüller, Czerny and Beyer lesson songs
- Virtual Technician: Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back - Noise
- Recorder: 3 song recorder, approximately 10,000 note capacity
- Metronome: Beat: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8
- Tempo: 10 ~ 300bpm
- Demo Songs: 19 songs
- Other: Sound Preview, Vocal Assist, Touch, Stretch Tuning, Tuning, Transpose, Brilliance, Transmit Program - Change Number, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral mode, Start Up Settings, Auto Power Off
- Pedals: Sustain (with half-pedal support), Soft, Sostenuto
- Jacks: MIDI (IN/OUT), Headphones x 2, USB to Host
- Speakers: 12cm x 2
- Output Power: 20W x 2
- Dimensions: 1356 x 401 x 858mm
- Weight: 42kg
Kawai CN25 demo