iRig Mic Cast
Ultra-compact voice recording microphone for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android devices
Create stunning podcasts and voice recordings quickly and easily
iRig MIC Cast is the ultra-compact, portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more.
iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimises background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording.
This makes iRig MIC Cast also great for business applications like recording meetings and enhancing the audio and voice quality of conference calls.
iRig MIC Cast is proof that great things come in small packages. In addition to an incredibly flat frequency response with zero tonal coloration, the iRig MIC Cast…
- Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output enabling real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers.
- Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources.
- Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases.
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app.
- Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
HOW IT WORKS:
Ultra Compact Design
The iRig Mic Cast is literally about the size of a large coin. It can easily fit in your pocket, briefcase or computer bag for easy transport. Plus, its compact size means you can use it anywhere – from the classroom to the boardroom.
Dual Gain Setting
One of the most frustrating things about portable mics is the inability to get good clear recordings from sound sources that are not close to you. iRig Mic Cast solves this problem with a dual gain switch that allows you to capture up-close audio as well as audio from sources not so close.
Comes with a Tabletop Stand
Now you can set up your iPhone or iPod Touch and record hands-free thanks to the included tabletop stand. Simply place the stand wherever you need it, put your iOS device in and hit record.
No Additional Additions Needed
Set up is easy: Plug the iRig Mic Cast into the headphone out “TRRS” jack. You’re now ready to record. Plus, iRig Mic Cast comes with two apps for recording and sound processing: iRig Recorder – a simple, no frills high quality recorder, and VocaLive – our professional vocal processing, effects and recording app. With iRig Mic Cast, making outstanding quality recordings is literally as easy as opening an app on your iOS device.
Works with All of Your iOS Devices
iRig Mic Cast is compatible with all iOS Devices with a headphone/audio in TRRS jack, like iPhones, iPod touch and iPads. And, you can use the iRig Mic Cast as a hands-free calling microphone for conference calls and speaker phone applications. Plus you can rotate the iRig Mic Cast to get the best capture angle, increasing the quality and fidelity of your recordings.
Works With Your Android Devices
Now you can plug the iRig MIC Cast into your Android device and capture stunning high quality audio. Use the iRig MIC Cast and your favourite Android audio apps to capture podcasts, lectures, speeches, interviews, concerts and spurts of creative brilliance. iRig MIC Cast is fully compatible with most devices and apps that support and process audio — apps like Skype, Tune Me, the Booth Rap Studio, Voice Pro just to name a few. No additional software is required, simply plug iRig MIC Cast into your 1/8” (3.5mm) headphone/input jack and launch your favourite app. Also, iRig MIC Cast comes with iRig Recorder FREE for Android, an extremely easy to use intuitive audio capture and processing app that will quickly become your “go-to” app for quick audio recording.
iRig Mic Cast comes with free apps from IK Multimedia and works with many other apps.
- Microphone Type: condenser electret
- Polar Pattern: unidirectional/cardioid
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 15 kHz, -3dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 110 dB
- Distortion: 3% THD at 110 dB, 1 kHz
- Windscreen: built-in
- iRig Mic Cast ultra-compact audio capture microphone
- Portable table-top stand for iPhone/iPod touch
- Size: 30mm/1.18" x 47mm/1.85" x 10mm/0.39" (W x L x H)
- Weight: ~15g/0.52oz
Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard.
Mac®: Most Mac computers from 2008-2013 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line. There are issues with 2014 MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models as well as late 2013 iMac models, making them not compatible.
Aside from the above Mac models, you can check for your Mac compatibility by selecting:
About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Audio and check that "External Microphone / iPhone headset" is appearing on the list of included features.