Brooklyn Series - Dark Ebony Finish
Brooklyn, New York and Gretsch Drums share an inseparable legacy that is reflected in the Gretsch Brooklyn Series. Proudly hand-crafted in Gretsch’s Ridgeland, SC, USA factory, Gretsch Brooklyn produces a sound that is immediately recognisable, yet distinctively reinvented. Brooklyn drums feature 6-ply North American maple/poplar shells and are made slightly thicker than Gretsch’s USA Custom Drums and have a 30-degree bearing edge. Shell interiors are finished with classic Gretsch Silver Sealer. Each shell comes with a distinctive Brooklyn internal shell label that identifies the drum shell model number and serial number.
Brooklyn toms and snares feature the distinctive Gretsch “302” hoop. Its 3mm thick and double-flanged and is reminiscent of hoops used by Gretsch until the mid 1950’s. Brooklyn delivers classic Gretsch tones that are full, punchy and warm. Brooklyn’s innovative specifications created a new Gretsch tonal characteristic that is slightly more open and satisfyingly ambient. There is no denying that Brooklyn drums possess the sound of classic Gretsch drums, but deliver their own sonic personality.
- Shell Material: 6-ply North American maple/poplar, Silver Sealer interiors
- Bearing Edges: 30 degrees
- Snare: Gretsch "302" double-flanged - Toms: Gretsch "302" double-flanged - Bass: Maple with matching lacquer or inlay
- Gretsch Straight-Sided GTS with G9025 Bracket
- Gretsch G4825 Floor Tom Brackets with 12.7mm diameter legs
- Gretsch G9013 Bass Drum Spurs
- Gretsch 4946MT Bass Drum Mounting Plate
- Key-style tension rods
- Gretsch GTH-SLC Single Tom Holder
- Gretsch Lightning Throwoff
- REMO Drumheads:
- Snare: Coated Gretsch Permatone by Remo Batter, Clear Gretsch Permatone by Remo Batter
- Toms: Coated Gretsch Permatone by Remo Batter, Clear Gretsch Permatone by Remo Batter
- Bass: Coated Powerstroke Permatone by Remo Batter, Remo White Permatone batter with 1950s-style Gretsch Broadkaster logo
NB: Kit pic differs in size.