For its superb marriage of tonal versatility and revolutionary style, the "Non-Reverse" Firebird of the mid to late 1960s has long been a favorite with rock, blues and fusion players looking for an alternative to the mighty triumvirate of Les Paul, SG and ES-335. Now Gibson USA introduces the Firebird Studio, a guitar with all the eye-catching style and flair of the original 1965-'69 "Non-Reverse" bodied Firebird III, enhanced with added sonic versatility to bolster its vintage-certified tones. Crafted from Grade-A tonewoods, loaded with three of Gibson's amazing new Tapped P-90 pickups for both original fat P-90 tones and brighter, snappier "narrow single-coil" tones, and upgraded with stunning new five-way pickup switching, push-pull tap and phase switching, and a Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece, this is arguably the fiercest Firebird ever created.
Each guitar includes a Gibson hardshell case and owner's manual.
- Solid Grade-A Mahogany, with high-gloss Pelham Blue or Vintage Sunburst nitrocellulose finish
- Thin '60s SlimTaper™ neck profile
- Three revolutionary coil-tapped P-90 pickups
- Legendary Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- High-quality Mini Grover™ kidney button tuners