The original ES-335 in natural, vintage sunburst, or cherry finish is a classic for both style and tone, but there was rarely much figured wood in the equation—or at least the kind of flamed maple that gives its solid-bodied cousin the Les Paul such elevated beauty. Enter the ES-335 Lemon Burst from Gibson Memphis, a guitar that reclaims a slice of lusciously faded elegance for the legendary semi-acoustic, while retaining all of the key ingredients of a killer dot-neck ES-335. Dressed in an irresistible rendition of the sun-drenched finish that’s so popular on many Les Pauls, the ES-335 Lemon Burst pulls no punches in the tone department, giving you everything you’d expect from the world’s most versatile electric guitar.
The ES-335 Lemon Burst from Gibson Memphis recreates the feel of the ‘50s original. A laminated maple top and back (with Grade-AAA outer face on the top) are joined to a solid maple core with carved spruce braces and basswood rim liners. The quartersawn mahogany neck is glued in, and carved in a comfortable, slim profile that measures .800” at the 1st fret and .875” at the 12th. The one-piece rosewood fingerboard has cream binding and pearl dot inlays, like the revered early-era ES-335s. To complement the gorgeous looks while ensuring full PAF-certified tone, a pair of DiMarzio™ Double Cream© DP103 humbuckers with no covers takes pickup duties, wired through the traditional four-knob control section with Switchcraft™ three-way switch. And legendary Gibson Memphis craftsmanship plus a final set-up on the PLEK ensures that it all plays superbly. Put it all together and it’s a stunning sounding semi-acoustic, with the looks to go up against the most elegant guitars out there.
- Body Type: Semi-Hollow
- Top: 3 ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Back: 3 ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Neck Species: Mahogany Neck with Maple Spline
- Neck Fit Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Fingerboard Species: Hand-selected Dark Rosewood
- Frets: 22
- Radius: 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Nut Width: 1.688"
- Headstock Silkscreen: Mother of Pearl 'Gibson' Logo
- Headstock Truss Rod Cover: Legacy
- Tuners Model: Grover™ Rotomatic©
- Hardware: Nickel
- Tuning Ratio: 14:01
- Bridge: Tone Pro AVR-2
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Pickguard: Cream
- Knobs: Amber Top Hat
- Strings: .010 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum End Pins
- Neck Position Pickup: DiMarzio™ Double Cream© DP103 Humbucker
- Bridge Position Pickup: DiMarzio™ Double Cream© DP103 Humbucker
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Switch: Three-way Switchcraft with Black Plastic Tip
- Finish: Lemon Burst
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Included Case: Gibson Brown Durahyde Hardshell Case
- Additional Materials: Gibson Memphis Certificate of Authenticity