Gibson 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Mahogany body with AAA figured maple top
- '60s neck profile with compound radius fingerboard for effortless playability
- Burstbucker Pro pickups with coil taps
The Les Paul recipe for sustain - mahogany body with AAA figured maple top
Gibson's 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus gives you the robust sustain you need for hot liquid solos and massive power chords. What's Gibson's secret? A major part of the Les Paul's tonewood recipe is the fusion of a maple top - exquisite AAA figured maple to be precise - on a mahogany body. This combination is largely responsible for the legendary Les Paul sound, as well the LP's reputation for being rather heavy. But fear not! Modern weight relief has been scientifically applied to the Les Paul Standard, giving you all the sustain, without the pain.
'60s neck profile with compound radius fingerboard for effortless playability
Many guitarists consider Gibson's Slim-Taper neck the most playable Les Paul neck ever made. On the LP Standard Plus, it's joined by a compound radius fretboard for ultimate playability. The fingerboard is rounder near the nut for easy chord-grabbing and rhythm playing. As your playing heats up and moves up the fretboard, the radius flattens out for easier runs and big, big string bends.
Pickups deliver true Les Paul sound - and then some
The 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus features Burstbucker Pro pickups that give you everything you need for a classic humbucking sound. But there's more! The volume and tone knobs feature a push-pull configuration that allows you to choose between classic humbuckers and single coils. You can run both pickups alongside each other in or out of phase, and you can even send the bridge pickup directly to the jack output for added volume and brightness.
Gibson 2013 Les Paul Standard Plus Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Classic Les Paul design, topped with premium AAA figured maple
- Genuine LP sound and looks with modern features
- Classic mahogany body and AAA figured maple top deliver singing sustain and wide tonal range
- Modern weight relief lightens the load without sacrificing tone
- Asymmetrical '60s neck with compound radius fretboard for smooth runs across the entire fretboard
- Burstbucker Pro pickups kick out smoky humbucker tones
- Push-pull controls allow coil tapping for single-coil spank