A beautifully voiced, Solid Spruce top acoustic designed by professions to be EASY to Play!
Learning Guitar Just Got Fun Again
The PRO-1 Plus comes with a Solid Spruce top for superior sound with beautiful 5-layer Ivory and Black binding just like Epiphone’s vintage classics and features all of the PRO Collection's breakthrough innovations. Epiphone, one of the world’s oldest and most respected guitar makers, has just made playing and learning guitar easy for everyone.
Designed by Professionals to be EASY to PLAY!
Creating a truly easy-to-play guitar wasn’t easy. And at Epiphone, we take making a great guitar seriously, no matter what the player’s level. So Epiphone rethought the guitar from top to bottom to make an instrument that anyone can play right away. The result is a truly “PRO” guitar that’s easy-to-play, easy-to-own, and most importantly, delivers the full, vibrant sound that Epiphone is known for. The PRO-1 Plus acoustic guitar is the result of exhaustive analysis, numerous technological innovations, and suggestions from a “who’s who” of professional players. And now it’s time to play!
EASY TO PLAY FEATURES
The PRO-1 Ultra acoustic/electric guitar has all of the PRO-1 Collection’s innovative easy-to-play features:
- Less fatigue. Wrap your hand around the PRO-1 Ultra neck and you’ll immediately feel how comfortable it is. Our new EZ-Profile™ neck is designed so your hand can easily form chords without feeling fatigued.
- Effortless Fretting. Epiphone JumboPRO™ frets make fretting notes and chords seem effortless. JumboPRO™ frets are taller and wider than smaller frets. So, when you push down a string, it’s easier to make string contact with the fret with less hand fatigue and finger friction.
- Shorter is Easier. Scale length is the distance from the saddle to the nut. The shorter the scale length, the “looser” the strings feel. Because the PRO-1’s scale length is almost 1” shorter than most acoustic guitars, the strings are under less tension so you don’t have to press hard to get good tone. And – since the frets are closer together-- making chords is easier!
- Make friction fiction. String and fingerboard friction not only slows your playing but also can hurt. Our PRO-Ease™ string and fingerboard coating provides sleek, smooth action with reduced string noise.
- No pain, no gain? Nonsense—Epiphone believes in “no pain.” Lighter gauge strings are easier to play so every PRO-1 is set-up and equipped with Epiphone Ultra-Light strings.
- Easy action. With Epiphone’s Dual-Action truss rod, you can adjust the neck in both directions, which not only stabilises the neck but also makes set-up easier and more precise.
- All PRO-1 features including JumboPRO™ frets, EZ-Profile™ “D” neck, dual action truss rod, and and humidifier
- Classic dreadnought style with Solid Spruce top for superior sound
- Beautiful 5-layer Ivory and Black binding
- On-line lessons from eMedia® on-line lessons
- Top: Solid Spruce; Custom PRO-Prietary™ Bracing
- Body: Select Mahogany; Reduced body depth
- Neck: Mahogany; EZ-PRO™ “C” Shape Profile
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- T’rod Cover: White; PVC
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Fingerboard: Rosewood; PRO-Ease™ Lubricant
- F’Brd Inlay: Dots; frets 3,5,7,9,12,15 and 17
- Headstock: Sloped Dovewing with historic “Epiphone” metal badge
- Fret: 20; JumboPRO™
- Nut: GraphTech® NuBone™
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Tuners: 18:1 ratio Epiphone "Deluxe"
- Strings: Epiphone Ultra-Light (9-47)
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Body Top - 5 Layer; Ivory/Black
- Body Back – 1 Layer; Ivory
- Fingerboard – 1 Layer; Ivory
- Pickguard: Black; Scratchless
- Saddle: GraphTech® NuBone™; Compensated
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Hardware: Chrome
- Colour: Wine Red
- Optional: AccessoryPRO™ Steel Kit (#E-ACCPRO)
Easy to Use
The PRO-1 Plus is a dreadnought style acoustic guitar with a Solid Spruce top. The Dreadnought design is one of the most revered styles of acoustic instruments. For acoustic guitars, a Solid Spruce top is one of the most popular tonewoods and one that Epiphone has used to make superb acoustic instruments since the 1930s. The PRO-1 Plus also features 5-layer Ivory and Black binding around the body top and Ivory binding on the body back and fingerboard for the same classic look found on historic Epiphones like the Inspired by “1964” Texan. For your PRO-1 Plus, you’ll find that over time, a Solid Spruce top will develop an even bigger “voice” as it ages, giving players that classic “vintage” Epiphone sound that has inspired everyone from The Beatles to Gary Clark Jr.
While traditional-sized dreadnoughts can be difficult for a new player to get used to, the PRO-1 Plus sets a new standard with a reduced body depth, which makes the PRO-1 Plus easy to hold for long hours of playing.
Another innovation the PRO-1 Plus offers is a shorter scale, which makes learning chords and licks faster. PRO-Ease™ Lubricant makes the neck feel smooth and “worn in” on your fingers, and JumboPRO™ frets make it easy to hold down Epiphone’s custom light gauge strings.
Learning Guitar Just Got Fun Again