A legend in compact mixer design, performance and durability, Mackie VLZ4 is the original no-nonsense mixer series. Maintaining the integrity of your source is critical, so for VLZ4 we included Mackie’s industry-proven Onyx preamps so you can be sure that from every input to every output, VLZ4 mixers have the highest headroom and lowest noise possible.
Plus, VLZ4 mixers deliver the “Built-Like-A-Tank” construction that ensures your investment will last for years. From the ultra-compact 402VLZ4 for desktop applications to the tour-friendly 3204VLZ4, you can be sure there is a VLZ4 mixer with the right feature set for your application.
A legend in compact mixer design, the Mackie 1604VLZ4 now combines the proven performance of Onyx preamps with the no-compromise high-headroom/low-noise design that made the 1604 an industry mainstay. All 16 channels feature an Onyx mic pre, line input and insert in a compact 4-bus design built for application flexibility and professional performance.
Plus, it is truly “Built-Like-A-Tank” with a ridiculously rugged solid steel chassis that includes high-contrast controls for ultimate tactile control. Found in countless professional broadcast and post facilities and easily the most proven band-friendly analog mixer ever, the Mackie 1604 stands alone in the world of compact mixing.
- 16-channel mixer featuring Mackie signature high-headroom/low-noise design
- 16 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
- Ultra-wide 60dB gain range
- 128.5 dB dynamic range
- +22 dBu line input handling
- Extended frequency response
- Distortion under 0.0007% (20Hz – 50kHz)
- Phantom power for studio condenser mics
- Improved RF rejection perfect for broadcast applications
- Phantom power for condenser mics
- 16 high-headroom line inputs with +4/-10 operation control
- 16 balanced inserts perfect for integrating outboard gear
- 3-band EQ with sweepable midrange
- 18 dB/oct 75Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
- 4 aux sends, level, pan, solo and overload/mute LEDs on each channel
- 4 stereo returns, 8 direct outs and 4 group/bus outputs
- 60mm long-wearing log-taper faders
- Control room / phones multi-input source matrix
- High-resolution 12-segment stereo meters
- Sealed rotary control resist dust and grime
- “Built-Like-A-Tank” rugged steel chassis with powder-coat finish
- High-visibility, high-contrast controls deliver convenient “at-a-glance” visual feedback
- Rack-mountable design with three physical configurations via Rotopod accessory (sold separately)