The Rose belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style “classical” guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1 7/8”). With 12 frets to the body, the slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional “classical” nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non cutaway body styles, Fishman or BBand pickups, 2 way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a “classical” guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes is the most comprehensive line of crossover style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Rose is built with a solid Indian rosewood top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body, and has an ebony fingerboard. The bridge, binding, and headstock overlay are made of Indian rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. The 12 Rose is equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag. Click here for a few tips on how to use the Fishman Presys Blend.
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
- Top: Solid Indian rosewood
- Back & Sides: Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3 ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Ebony radiused fingerboard / Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 12: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 20 in total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout
- Overall Length: 38.75"
- Body Depth: 98mm (3.9") at upper bout, 99mm (3.9") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4 Band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA