Cordoba's 1/2 size Requinto guitar is handmade with a solid cedar top and mahogany back and sides. The hand-inlaid all-natural wood rosette and Indian rosewood detailing distinguishes this model from other guitars in this price range. It is designed with the traditional 5-fan Torres style bracing to produce a rich Spanish sound in spite of its diminutive string length. Ideal for children learning how to play nylon string guitars. Winner of Winter NAMM 2010 Best in Show.
The Requinto comes strung with high tension Savarez guitar strings, which are meant to be used in standard E tuning. Because the scale length of this guitar is slightly shorter than a full size guitar, the tension will be slightly lower than a full sized guitar as a result, but will still play very well in standard tuning. The Requinto can be tuned up as high as a minor third up to G standard tuning, which will increase the tension, but any tunings higher than this are not recommended, as the added stress of the higher string tension of these tunings will compromise the long term health of the instrument.
- Top: Solid Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding / Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: None
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood mosaic
- Finish: High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Rosewood fingerboard / Traditional (Classical) Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 580mm (22.8")
- Nut Width: 47mm (1.85")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 55mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl at 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish 5 fan bracing
- Body Width & Length: 246mm (9.7") at upper bout, 330mm (13") at lower bout
- Overall Length: 35.5"
- Body Depth: 86mm (3.4") at upper and lower bouts
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Gold Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Electronics: NA
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Gig Bag
Specs are subject to change.