The SB-CB electric bass helped to define the New Wave of Heavy Metal that dominated the world in the 80's. Its powerful tone and fast neck attracted bass players who needed an instrument with bone-crushing tone and lightning speed. As time went on players from other genres, like Funk and Blues, discovered that the SB-CB was the perfect bass for them. Play the SB-CB and find out what this bass can do for you!
The SB-CB features:
A 5-ply maple/walnut neck-thru design with Aria's "heel-less" contour
34" scale length
One MB-1E double-coil pickup
Innovative controls: One volume knob, one tone knob, 6-position Pickup Attack Mode rotary knob, preamp bypass switch and battery life LED
Available in a Black Gloss (BK) finish
At the heart of the SB-CB is the unique B.B. Circuit. This circuit gives the SB-CB a ton of sonic flexibility, literally at the turn of a single knob. Each of the six presets change the frequency of a low pass filter, which changes the character of the bass tone. Here are the settings:
1. 1377 Hz - A smooth and round tone. Very foundational sound for big basslines.
2. 723 Hz - A warm tone with a low mid bump. This setting is cool for a modern slap tone.
3. 496 Hz - Tight mids and bright highs. Perfect for tapping or playing with distortion.
4. 340 Hz - A thinner tone than #3. Ideal for soloing over a band.
5. 229 Hz - Great simulated hollowbody sound.
6. 186 Hz - High, crispy tone. Excellent for chord melody playing.
The mini-switch turns on and off the B.B. Circuit, and the LED shows the strength of the battery (as the battery drains the LED becomes weaker).