Universal Audio Releases the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier and the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-ins as Part of UAD Software v8.7
— Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N plug-in brings the legendary bass combo exclusively to Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 hardware —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • August 2, 2016 — Universal Audio is proud to announce the release of UAD Software v8.7, featuring the Ampeg® B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In — exclusively for Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 hardware.
Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In
The Ampeg B-15 bass amp defined the sound of recorded electric bass. From Motown sides with James Jamerson to classic Stax records with Donald “Duck” Dunn, this 30-watt, 1x15, all-tube combo delivered a warm and fat fundamental note that laid the foundation for ’60s and ’70s rock, funk, and soul.
Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In perfectly emulates the circuitry, tone stack, and thump of Ampeg’s limited-edition Heritage B-15N bass amp.
Owners of UA’s acclaimed Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with this iconic bass amp. Harnessing UA’s groundbreaking Unison™ technology, the Ampeg B-15N plug-in gives you the impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviours that have contributed to making this iconic bass combo one of the most recorded bass amps in history. Users of UAD-2 Satellite and PCIe DSP Accelerators can harness the legendary tone of the B-15N by adding it to any recorded bass guitar signal in any major DAW (Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Live, and more).
The Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In is also part of the new Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle, which includes the Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier and Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier plug-ins.
Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Expertly modelled version of the legendary B-15N from Ampeg, exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Modern workflow enhancements including an onboard FX Rack and 42 recording chains
- Two flavours of the iconic B-15 circuit — 1964 and 1966 — each with switchable bias controls
- Re-Amp previously recorded DI bass tracks to add warmth and depth
- Available as part of the Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle which includes three Ampeg bass amps and the Brainworx bx_tuner
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Ampeg’s B-15N bass amp thanks to impedance matching.
Universal Audio Releases the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In Exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo Hardware
— Endorsed by Manley Labs and developed by the world-class algorithm team at Universal Audio, the Manley VOXBOX plug-in features Unison™ technology for real-time vocal tracking with Apollo audio interfaces —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • August 2, 2016 — Universal Audio is proud to announce the release of UAD Software v8.7, featuring the Manley® VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In — exclusively for Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 DSP accelerator hardware.
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In
Designed specifically for vocal production, the Manley VOXBOX stands alone with its unrivalled tube-based sonics and specialised feature set. Introduced in 1997, the Manley VOXBOX combines the best of Manley’s audio designs, including their high-fidelity tube mic preamp, vactrol optical compressor, Pultec-style passive EQ, and de-esser/limiter into a formidable 3U package.
Developed under Manley Labs’ rigorous scrutiny, the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In captures every section of this modern classic channel strip for vocal production.
Owners of UA’s acclaimed Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with this ultimate all-tube vocal channel strip, like having the original hardware. The Manley VOXBOX plug-in also supports Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology, giving Apollo users the VOXBOX’s all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviours that have contributed to making it the most distinctive channel strip available today.
For users of UAD-2 Satellite and PCIe DSP Accelerators, the VOXBOX plug-in is the go-to channel strip for processing during mixing and mastering, giving vocal recordings that final sheen and polish heard on professional recordings around the world.
“I am impressed by the high level of authenticity and diligence the UA team embodies to make the Manley plug-ins as faithful to the original hardware as possible,” says EveAnna Manley, President of Manley Labs. “We have all worked hard to make the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in the most accurate ever. No mean feat when you remember that it is a complex, multi-function unit — that is a lot of work!”
The Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in is also available as part of the new Manley Complete Plug-In Bundle, which includes the Manley Massive Passive EQ and Variable Mu Compressor Limiter plug-ins.
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In Key Features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of Manley’s state-of-the-art vocal channel strip exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Provides the clarity and headroom of Manley’s high-fidelity, Class A tube mic preamp
- Features Manley’s famous optical compressor with 25 Attack and Release combinations and Pultec-style passive EQ with 33 selectable frequencies
- Additional tube-based de-esser/limiter section
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Manley’s VOXBOX thanks to precise impedance matching.